Combines To farm buddy and all lexion owners

Rooster

In dry wheat, fan speed is a necessity. Make sure you are running your fan at 1550 rpm or above. Rotor speed should be reduced to eliminate straw breakage (500 - 640 rpm). If using rotor blanking plates and still find that shoe overload is a problem, you might want to consider purchasing a set of lexion TM6 sieves (upper and lower). The TM6 is a lexion version of an air foil, but adjustable from the cab. The TM6 has an extended foil on the bottom side to capture more air and work the material over the upper sieve more efficient. Results from using the TM6 sieve are reduced overloading in dry conditions and improved grain sample and material flow in all conditions.

tobaboy

We always run the fan wide open in wheat, I'll try running a slower rotor. I've talked to some people about the TM6, I've heard mixed reviews to date, people say it improves their sample, but not their capacity, our sample has never been a problem. -thanks

FarmBuddy

I'd have to agree with Roosters recommendations. I also assume rotors may be too agressive in dryland wheat, causing some excessive breakage and related overloading of straw bits onto the returns pan and down on to the shoe. Try to be less agressive up front, perhaps wider concave but a slightly faster cylinder speed to compensate. Can you still thresh okay with a wider and slower cylinderIJ Are the small grain rotor grates in place, ie slots run long ways, axial, front to rear and not radially around the rotors. Small grain, standard chaffer (1 -1_8 spaced louvers) should be set at about 6 to 8. Fan around 1500. That's a real good cleaning shoe you got there under those settings. Sorry for the delay in responding, was gone out west over the weekend.

Otis

You could probably get a good trade-in if you play your cards right! HA. That is the best way to get all you can out of her!