Combines New 480R

Cutter

With the exception of a new wide-spread chopper, they are the same.

Ilnewholland

Robert, Are you thinking of a CR or late TR99 alsoIJ Do you know how the price of a 480 and a New Holland compareIJ Do you like the 480 better than your TR98IJ The 480 is after all a lot bigger combine. How are things going out your way this year. Crops look good here for a change. Ilnewholland

2rotorsrule

Things are good out our way...no rain since the 4th so late season stuff, especially millet and sorghum sudangrass is really showing it. Corn and flowers hanging in there yet. Our continuous crop wheat on wheat is making from 35 bu_acre where we didn't have much rain at all, to some fields averaging in the 40's and may have a few outstanding fields AVERAGE in the 50's. Very good for our dry climate...we are historically drier than Eastern South Dakota. As far as the combines....our TV 145 has made us so mad with so many problems...we had a TV 140 tht was in the shop more than the field. New Holland has a great idea and when they work they work great, but they are the biggest joke in the WORlD I kid you not! Anyway, it has totally turned us away from New Holland products. We have a 95E and our 480 and they are built heavy. Not afraid to put metal and power in their stuff. I do like the Twin Rotor New Holland design...easier to set, more forgiving on the settings....you don't have to be "dialed in" as accurately as with the Cat....but we don't have problems with our Cat equipment...and they are always leading the Horsepower race....

digger

Tell us more about the 140's problems ,I'm looking to upgrade my 9030 to a low houred 140