Combines looked at 590 today

2rotorsrule

Cleaning capacity doesn't matter if it all goes out the back of the rotors. What has been done to expand capacity for threshing and separatingIJ

TrespassingIJ!!!The territory limitations are a bunch of nonsense. Who gains the most from that arrangementIJ Certainly not the farmer or owner operator.

justapurrin

it might be a bunch of nonesense however you can come and buy one from any dealer and i would almost garrentee your local dealer will have a cow and good luck getting service after the sale buying it from someone other then your local dealer.

Wilber

That's generally true, no matter what the color is. If you are buying a new major product, it seems to work better when we shop at the local dealer anyway. We always get good service during the busy season. But buying used equipment is more of a wide open territory to shop around. Iron Planet, Machinerylink and eBay Business make this easier these days. But you generally won't know the background and history of the equipment, and you are still second in line if you need local service. All things considered, the Cat service territory system just might make some pretty good sense.

I still say it's nonsense and it is to the benifit of the cat dealers. The territory sales pitch was of course the great service you received with the local cat dealer. Now with the local(if you ever could really call them local)cat dealer out of the ag business the new spin is don't worry the dealer that wasn't in your territory before but is still selling ag products will provide the service you need. Yea right.

OnTracks

I'm thinking the same things you are. Our 485 is well balanced, in tough wheat you run out of power and rotor capacity about the same time. Shoe capacity is not an issue until you get into drier crop conditions. The 470 has the paddle rotor because the 480s spiral rotor was considered too aggressive. Now the 590 is going to have a paddle rotor with 150 degrees of open area, more than a 470 but far less area than the 480s have now. So how do you get better separation with a less aggressive rotor and less open grate areaIJ Maybe spin the rotor faster, I don't know. Most of the changes look to address problems the machines had in dry conditions. 480 owners with tough cereals to harvest might not be the first ones looking to trade.

jdfarmer

I'm not going to cut down the 590 but it doen't come close to unloading 3.3bps I run a 9860 and a 16 row corn head and demonstrated the 590 and we have scales on our wagons and timed the two on bps the 590 was 2.8 and our 9860 was 3.7bps in the same moisture corn.