Combines Straight cutting canola

batman

We are in southern Alberta we have done some strait cutting canola we didnt have to dry it and the green count was good This year we swathed everything and it looks like a good thing because the bits we missed here and there shelled out bad I thing every year is different also last two years the crop wasnt as heavy. Two years ago we left about 40 acres to strait it was realy green with lots of second grouth it went through rain and snow and we cut it I think about second week in nov. Was a better sample and yeald than what we swathed so I htink it is a hit and miss deal. If you can use roundup I think it might work ok

Northern

Do you think a draper header would work as well as the biso. Is the biso similiar to a Claas Viario header.

canadafarmer

the biso has a longer tabel then the draper. on the draper you will ned a topauger for feding. and you dont have any sidecutters. you need the long tabel that you catch all the seed, that the real shells. in europe farmers use the varioheaders vor most crops i don't know if there are any in nord amerika