Combines Cat sales

Rooster

What's your pointIJ I have yet to see anything blown or wasted. What I have seen is a bold move by Cat to position themselves as a very strong component and technology supplier to the ag industry (you might just be surprised at who is buying Cat technology to better their products). You may question Cat's move and presence all you want, but it is around. Cat in no way built_builds marginal products, all quality, and that quality is still found in the MT Challenger tractors and lexion combines. I have yet to see lexion let up in sales. Cat_Claas entered into the combine market at a time when combine sales tumbled from 6,000 + units per year in 1997 to the 3 - 4,000 units sold today (fewer but larger farms in need of more productivie machines vs. the productivity achieved from the increased expense of multiple machines and drivers). Since it was introduced, lexion has had three model changes, with a new product introduced almost every year. lexion was the first to introduce the class 8 size combine that so many of its competitiors said was not needed (look at them now - their class 8's barely keep up with the class seven lexion). If we look at where the Cat dealer was ten years ago in ag and where they are today, they are a far cry better and just about the best in many ways. I don't think we can discount Cat for any wrong doing. Challenger and lexion wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for Cat.

nascarfarmer

well i was at the ohmaha lexion plant two weeks ago, and as i was having a conversation outside the plant, i watched five haulers pulling out with finished machines, and inside they had plenty of machines rolling down the line. they might not have to market share in NA much right now, but if you take a look at all the class 7+ machines, there is more for your money with the claas machine. And not to mention, the people that are involved with that company are so proud and dedicated to the success of those machines. Give them time, they will be a big player in the market. I am not saying this as a Claas man, i have two 2388s, but after them, i dont see myself in a 8010, so i dont know what i am gonna do.

Rooster

Poor resale is two-fold: n1 Neglegence, nothing more _ nothing less. Recourse is the name of the game owners and dealers must take responsibility. All to often we farmers and our dealers assume that the manufacturer should always be the sole party responsible for everything pertaining to the product (we_they love to point the finger else where). well, they aren't!!! They gave a warranty which they honor (by law) - no further argument necessary. n2 Volume. Volume drive resale value. Therefore, you can very easily contribute to the population by purchasing a lexion yourself, you won't go wrong.

Rooster

Construction is a mature market and ag is a new opportunity for the Cat dealer to participate in.It is about time the farmer act like a business man and not be so dependent on their dealer to hold his_her hand when all goes belly up (Manage by the debt to equity ratio and not what next year might bring!).Do you actually know what the avg. price is for a 1,000 + acre row-crop and tillage tractor and combine isIJ -$100,000!I looked at several lease retuned lexions and for the age of these machines, they looked like they had been through a war! I do blame resale value partly on the owner - "You get out of it what you put into to it!"Farmers certainly do have a major influence over resale value. Between upkeep and excessive roll overs more and more one owner combines are hitting the dealer lots that have not been taken care of. Those who roll typically over look many of maintenance and service obligations because they won't be in the machine the next year.I farm, who do you work forIJ Based upon you statements, I would say that you would just rather see the whole Cat thing go away, tractor, combine and all. WhyIJ Because either they are too much competition for you to handle or it's driven by jealousy. Give up, you can't win!

farmert

don't give up on the 8010 I loved my 2388 but this 8010 is a great jump ahead from it

FR

If you liked the 2388s you will love the 8010s.I have both come ride with us or somebody that has one, demos are not that good.

kidlexi

with the postings that you put on over the last 2 weeks and the high level of information you have about cat dealers profits and need for repeat owners. sounds to me like its a cat or lexion related person that has just been dethroned. i think theres more to the story than what's getting told to the "talk show fans" Happy combining gentlemen.

FR

O by the way in case you people have not figured it out yet the americaneagle is the catsh-- pigman olefarmer and about 6 other people you have no credabilty your mom should really take the computer away and put you to bed!

olefarmer

I just want to say I'm in no way part of his nonsense. Although most of you might doubt what I have to say but I'm as sick of the cat fellow as the rest of you. I'm with you FR he needs to get the boot.

FR

You know what ole farmerIJ If you are not the pigman, you are just an old moron who has no business on the internet. How could an 80 year old man figure out the internet anywaysIJ You should go to the home and quit yanking my chain . I DO NOT WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND!