Combines flex head vs honey bee draper

body

I saw a 39 foot HB running in peas that were laying flat. He had crop lifters on and was loosing about 7 to 10 peas per square foot. In the same field there was a couple of those new macdon flexdrapers. They were loosing only 3 to 5 peas per square foot. Try a MacDon. The 36 foot 974 FlexDraper can shave the ground. If you can't find one then try the 973 Harvest Header. They come in 36 and 39 foot wide. They both have guard angle adjustments that can be made from the cab on the go. The auto header height works good too.

ndh

First, I would like to know how your header is set up. There are a few things to do in order to shave the ground. First, your left hand leveling bolt....when tight against the brass colored spacer, loosen about 7 turns. Takes a 1 7_8 socket. Then loosen or tighten the right hand leveling bolt to level the header. On the right hand side of your oil tank, there is a top link. There should be two holes on the tank to move the pin. Move the pin to the inside hole, closest to the header frame. Extend the top link 19", from center to center of each ball swivel. That should get you close to the ground. In general, you should go faster foot to foot as with a auger flex. With a 30 ft draper, you should do 25% more than an auger. With your 42', you should fill up that monster combine. With the even feed also, your sample should be good. In rotors, the more beans the better for more crop on crop threshing. I had a customer in Grand Island, NE who was getting awesome results last year with beans. He has the same setup as you. Email to let me know how it goes.

ndh

By the way, HB does have some units for lexions with AHHC on them. They work for the contour also.

cat_man

Thank you I will try these adjustments before buying a flex head. I am on the back hole on the top link. And my left adj bolt with the brass collar is out about three inches abouve the spacer.

ndh

Your welcome! Email me to let me know how it goes. Where are you locatedIJIJ If you are interested, HB does have AHHC for your lexion.