Combines No lexions in Ontario CanadaIJIJIJ

Coors_light

Firstly, Toromont NEVER sold new ag products in Ontario. You make it sound like Toromont is getting out of the ag busniness, they aren't, they were never in the business of selling new ag products in Ontario to begin with. Despite not selling in Ontario, Toromont is still the strongest selling Cat dealer in Canada for Challenger and lexion ag products.

TwinSilvers

Toromont DID in fact sell new Ag products out of there london store; - I remember the AG salesman's name was Omar, and I was told that, after Toromont ceased to sell the track-tractors, Omar went on to sell for a Deere dealer. And I'm not "countering" your claim that Toromont is seriously into AG products elsewhere, but NOT in Ontario. Perhaps you should get YOUR facts straight!

OntMX285

When I spoke to our local Toromont branch earlier this spring I was told when AGCO and CAT reached their deal that Toromont's Ontario branches would no longer sell the Challenger tractors. They will however continue to provide service+parts to any Challenger tractors sold before and after the AGCO merger. There's a 3,000acre farm about 30mins from me that purchased a new CAT MT845 last fall from a Toromont dealer in Manitoba. They floated it out to him, and twice have flown their mechanic into the Toromont branch in Stoney Creek to have updates done...I know one involved some tranny work. They have debated buying a lEXION combine, but just can't justify the risk should something major go wrong and having to wait for mechanics to come from the next province over to fix it while their crops sit in the field. They are pushing CAT_Toromont to establish an AG dealer in Ontario, but they don't feel we have a large enough market in this province for their product(s) at this time..... However, I've heard there are a few CAT lEXION 470R_475R's in Quebec IJIJ

TwinSilvers

I've heard there's a few lexions in Quebec as well and, yes, the london store told me about that very same farmer you've mentioned; - it seems he's a "diehard" Challenger fan. It's too bad AGCO_Cat (whoever's in charge) can't change there minds about establishing a CAT_Challenger dealership in Ontario. Even one single dealer, centrally located, would be sufficient for CAT to satisfy the bulk of the Ontario combine market.

Red_Painter

I think some of the Quebec dealers are MF_Agco ag dealers not Cat dealers.

TwinSilvers

If they're MF_Agco dealers, do they have direct access to Challenger_lexion productsIJ

YSO

In fact, Hewitt ( Cat dealer for Quebec province ) bought an AGCO dealership couples years ago to start their AG division. As far as i know, the dealership continues to sell AGCO branded equipment along with Challenger lines.

TwinSilvers

So it seems that Ontario is the only province without CAT_Challenger dealers, other than (perhaps) some of the eastern provinces. Again, I think AGCO_Challenger is "missing the mark" by not marketing thier wares is Southwestern Ontario.