Combines Why the narrower cylinders all of a suddenIJ

low_end_torque

The only walker available now is a 5-walker model like the 450. the reason the don't need a wide body design, wider feeder and cyl, is the cleaning fans were the hold up before. not that they were very limited before. The 580_585r are narrow body machines, but will out do 480's. 590 is unreal!!!

Northern

Are you sure the new 560 has the new cleaning fan system. Our limiting factor, with a 460 is the walkers quite often. The new 560 has the drum above the walkers which is supose to be better than the tine seporators we had. Saying that we have a very hard time looking at a 56 inch machine after we owned a 67 inch one. Cat will have to do a lot of demo's.

Cutter

It's not the size that matters any more. We are a smarter insdustry, we design better technology and technology should be the focus, not the obvious (size). Decisions made on the obvious are not as sound as those which are justified (just becasue its larger, doesn't mean it has an advantage, especially in combines). High performance technology enables greater performance and capacity to be achieved on a more compact level. Besides, how large can combines actually get to keep up with the performance and capacity of today's marketIJ CIH Axial Flows keep selling well against larger models. Its the same trend as the 4x4 articulated tractors took from the seventies through today (no more 700hp, displaced by efficiency and tracks). Where are all of the high-boy pick-ups and chopped down IH loadstars to pick-up size trucks of the late seventies (pick-ups are more efficient with a much better ride and focus on comfort before work).

Northern

So can someone tell me how much more capacity a 2005 560 will have over a 2002 460, Thanks.

Cutter

In the case of the walker machines, I doubt the 560 walker will have more capacity than the 460 walker, and nor should it. I doubt it will have any less too. I know a farmer who has a 450 and 460 and claims similar capacities. The 560 is actually cheaper than last year's 460, with the same horsepower and grain tank capacity, and with the new multi-finger separation system even. If you want more capacity, buy an R series (twin-rotor) lexion. Otherwise, settle for the status quo!