Combines 580IJ

Cutter

Personally, I would check with each of the brand's dealer to determine their parts pricing. Also, check with some of Kramer's lexion customers and let them tell you how easy they are to service, etc. Most on this site don't own one or have ever demo'd one and will typically only provide static.

Big_Truck

If the majority of your harvesting is in tough conditions theres only one combine to go for and thats a lexion!!! Remember they where primarily designed to harvest in tough European conditions,We run a Claas lexion 570 RWA (I think the Cat 580 is the same modelIJ) and this year we where cutting 160bu_acre wheat at 35% moisture as this grain was going for crimping and it revelled in those conditions.We bale all our straw with no problems at all,you will not bale very well behind a STS_Axial flow.Don't know what the CR is like to bale behind. As your looking at the "flagship" models from JD_NH why don't you consider the "flagship" lexion 590IJ

Big_Green

I think all you say is buy the lexion, buy the lexion.

mit9750

not bashing the lexion let me be clear on that. We run 2 9750 STS's and we baled straw behind them for the last 2 yrs. baled with vermer 605 Xl and also the johndeere 567 mega wide. made nice bales. wheat last yr was 65 to 75 bu_ac winter wheat. and this yr was better. 90 to 100 bu_ac. the wheat was Falcon and was able to kick out straw almost as good as a walker. rotor on 850, concave on 12. 3 mph. was good for me.

Northern

I would say Cat's are quite easy to maintain. We learned a lot about maintaince, and the quickest way to do it, this spring at Kramer's service clinic. The price of Cat's parts is hard to say. We are shocked one day about how expensive a part is, then the next day some part will be very inexpensive.

Big_Truck

The simple reason I say buy the lexion is because its simply the best performing combine available today!!!!! (granted there are some problems with Cat service_parts_trade in value in "Uncle Sam") Anybody who says any different is either "brain dead" or lying!!!! If you want to experience tough harvesting conditions come to Northern Ireland: very unpredictable weather,average field size 15 acres!! fields so steep the sheep grazing them fall over!!!!! We always have to remove the header when travelling on the public road and alot of the time even have to remove it to go between fields!!!! cutting wheat at 35%, I could go on. We run 3 combines, 03 Claas lexion 570,96 Claas lexion 430 and a 98 NH TX64+ all with RWA for some strange reason!!!!!!. The 430 runs like it was new,took it into a field during harvest this year and put it up against a 2004 JD 9650WTS,the 8 season old lexion left the brand new JD wallowing in its dire performance and the JD fanactic who was operating it was crying in his coffee!!!!(after checking behind me and finding out I was leaving less on the ground than his new Deere!!) The lexions shine in tough harvesting thats why in Europe Claas sells 5 times as many combines as all the rest put together,the STS's_CR's don't get a look in and as for the poor Case 8010,read the Case board and WEEP!!!!!!

Big_Green

Cats are not very popular in here, never even seen one run, so i figured there was a reason 4 that, is a your 570=to the U.S. 570IJ

Big_Truck

I'm not sure but I think our 570 is similar in spec to the N.American Cat 580,maybe someone else on the board will know for sure.