Combines GERINGHOFF CORN HEADS ON TRACKS

Old_Pokey

Just my thoughts, take 'em or leave 'em, here they are. If the machine is a half track setup, the strain on the drive system is minimized somewhat. If it is fully mounted on two tracks, it will be a monster. Very hard on things. It will burrow very bad on corners. Belts would be unreally expensive, and would wear out quickly if you have any road travel to do. Tracks are a wonderful system if they are engineered proper. On a combine with the center of gravity up so high, it creates many new problems that need to be taken into consideration. If you are on flat level ground, a conventional track system will work ok. If you run an extremely wide and heavy header, something to consider is the ride quality. The tracks dont have the air cushion like a tire and can strain the feeder and header somewhat. What crops do you grow and what combine would you put the tracks onIJ

farmboy

Check out the Drago heads. I don't think the distributor in the US, located here in Iowa, has a website, but here is some quick information on them. http:__farmindustrynews.com_mag_farming_enter_dragon_ http:__www.the-land.com_display_1_186287.pdf

RED_RIVER_CORN_GUY

Seems like the Cat_lexion tracks are the only thing working out well. I have a real problem coughing out $225,000 for an 8010 and then spending another $64,000 on tracks for the machine when I can get a 400HP Cat on tracks for about $20,000 less. Anyone seen if a NewHolland track undercarriage is the same as what is going on an 8010 Case. Makes sense that it would be, I just don't know for sure.

dibber

Yes there is one running that we sold to the local hutterite colony and its working out real well. They are able to go through the mud like you can't believe. Its an awesome corn picking machine. They have two Kinze tracked carts with quadtracks pulling them to keep the corn away.

Old_Pokey

I dont blame you. For $64,000 you could build a new shop and hire a fabricater to build your own setup. Ever thought about putting one on four tracks and having quad steeringIJ You could sure build the undercarriage alot simpler and lighter. And it would float better.

FR

Who is making the tracks for the New Holland and I agree the 8010 is useless in wet ground with out tracks I have one it can not even move while are 2388s go back and forth the 8010 is worthless.

FarmBuddy

When I see an AFX8010 it makes me wonder what CNH was thinking when they put that long a feederhouse out front and_or the front axle set so far backIJ Yeah, I know they were trying to correct the feeding problems associated with green stem beans and the short steep feederhouse on the 2388. Also probably trying to give the EU farmers better visibility to the cut stubble for their lodged small grain conditions. But this sure creates heavy front axle loads and high front tire loading when you have a large cornhead up front, a full tank up above and low fule and light rear end. The other big blunder with the big AFX8010 seems to be the steeper cone associated with the wider feederhouse. Why would they try to feed a swirling crop back into a "steeper funnel" against the laws of physics. Maybe they wanted a grinder up frontIJ Throw in many modular multi pin connectors between each module and a rueb goldberg tailings return rethreshing system and few bad bearing and you have a self propelled cigarette lighter that gets stuck in the mud. Overall the AFX8010 is a pretty good demonstation of what can be created when trying to adapt the functional components from NH into a new red axial flow combine on a pretty tight budget in a short amount of time. You can have GOOD, or FAST or CHEAP products or repairs, in groups of any two at a time, but never all three together. GOOD and FAST repairs will not be CHEAP. FAST and CHEAP repairs will not be GOOD. GOOD and CHEAP repairs will not be done FAST, but can be attained if allowed plenty of time to find the right parts at the right price.