Combines Questions

tobaboy

Generally speaking we don't have any problems baling behind the lexion, this year was the first time we've had issues, but it was with a New Holland baler, the Deere didn't seem to have any problems. We could never bale behind our Gleaner, any of the guys around here with axial flows will get coventionals to come drop for them if they need straw. Our neighbors baled behind their 9760 so long as they didn't need to use any filler plates, once they installed them for Red spring they had to start chopping. Basically from my experience, the lexion rotaries are somewhere between a conventional and a traditional rotary for straw quality.

Farmerman

The lexion does leave better straw than the STS. The lexion does leave it in a fairly narrow swath, but we had to start spreading straw quite a bit earlier with the STS when conditions started getting dry.

tobaboy

Hey Ralph, I thought you might be interested to know that some famers in the area ran the narrow bodied 580r along side their 480r this year and found them to be similar in capacity, the new cleaning system must be working to get that kind of capacity out of the narrow body. Have you seen it in action yetIJ

dakota

Sounds interesting, Adam. I wonder what the changes areIJ On the other hand, excuse me, when I am having my doubts after all my experience. That means it might work well in your conditions, but never down here. I have seen the lexion work well one day and the next day in the same field it just went plum to sand%t. While the Deere (conventionel as STS) often runs for several 1000 acres without making any changes and keep the customer happy.

wildcat

Dakota just needs to learn how to set a machine. You can tell from all his posts he would have trouble setting a hand flail some times.