Combines lexion Rock Trap Door

bldairy

yes this is very true. I have had the same trouble in corn with the large rocktrap, but a light pry and it is open. I never found this problem with the old small rocktrap style.

Rooster

Do not use a pry bar! Simply push in on the trap door handle (gray tubular handle) and pull up on the locking mechanism (the flat handle with black rubber grip). By pushing in on the door handle, you are relieving pressure from the locking mechanism, making it much earier to open when full of debris. If this does not work, then the trap door mechanism is probably bet, possibly due to the use of a pry bar, etc. to force open.

northernfarmer

bldairy: How was your crop_harvestIJ We were froze on Aug. 20th, so quality here was the s***s. That agco header worked great once I got the right adaptors made so it would fit on my combine. It was so much nicer to operate and fed the combine alot smoother than our Macdon did, a real step forward in harvesting small grains. Neil

2388now480rmaybe

bldairy, just curious, the 1230 head that you sold, did that go to a guy in central ND who was gonna put it on a 2388IJ

bldairy

yes my 1230 went out to north dakota, I assume you are the proud owner and sound quite happy to join the lexion crowd.

bldairy

Hi Neil- I am glad your head worked out well it sure was a great design it seemed. Our crops were quite poor also from the frost. We were hit twice and never realy had the warm temps all summer to grow a good crop. Wheat harvest was great and the corn will be great cattle feed. To wet to pay for propane and end up with a crop thats 45 to 50 pounds.

bldairy

I never said a four foot bar I just needed a tiny amount to get the lock started. Ya pull on that four inch lock handle and push on the trap door only frees up that side of the combine. you almost need somebody on the opposite side of the feeder house pushing thatlockloose also if you know what I mean.

2388now480rmaybe

Yea, I am guessing it is your head i purchased, just shy of 1000 acres on it without the slightest glitch. We still have not made the jump to a lexion, demoed one for 5-6 days in small grains, I truelly am sold on them but i may be holding off for a year or 2 yet with the less than average crop this yr, that 1230 will have to sit on the front of the 2388 one more yr. Did you get all your crop offIJ Hope ya had a good harvest and a better winter!

bldairy

Great I'm glad things worked out well, but the crop was surely a let down. The 2388 is great combine and very simple and easy to set. We still have 260 acres of corn to take for HM corn. Maybe finish this week we are hoping. Well thanks for the wishes and hope you have a nice christmas and Happy new year!