Combines lexion patent upIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ

Cutter

Patents are the farthest criteria from determining the life-span of a product (cars, trucks, tractors, combines, lawn mowers, toys, etc)! What lexion patents are you, or the Challenger person referring toIJ There are so many patents that go into a make and brand of combine, it's not even funny. That's what makes each brand so unique. There have probably been several patents on the lexion and other combines that have expired, but you don't see many of those machines disappearing. Every patent surrounding the origins of all AGCO combine has expired. The Deere STS is somewhat a result of an expired patent. The spiral flighting used at the intake of the STS's rotor combined with a front beater were taken from the original patents of the White (now Massey) combine. You shouldn't be so gullible to think that something so minimal will have even the slightest affect. On orders of magnitude, I would say that Claas is in a far greater position to succeed in North America than if a similar expansion were attempted by one of its competitors. Claas is the world's largest manufacturer of harvesting equipment and in most year's the largest manufacturer and seller of combines. I would say that makes them pretty much the industry's foremost authority on much of the history of moder day harvesting equipment and you will find very few working within the industry willing to argue that point and no one within the relm of Challenger remotely qualifies to make comments about the future of any of its competitors - any authority that AGCO ever had in the combine _ harvesting business expired long ago!

Harvester

It's even worse than that! Deere's entire STS processor concept is nothing but a rejected and patent-expired system developed in the early 80s by Massey Ferguson, even prior to Massey's purchase of White combine. That's why the STS is a Stolen Technology System.

TwinSilvers

If you're referring to Masseys Prototype TX903 Concept Rotary, the Deere STS is NOTHING like what Massey had for technology. In fact, the TX903 was "dangerously close" to an exact copy of a combine which would have capacity of between a White 9700_9720 and 9500_9520, (which later became Massey's 8590_8560). I'm only basing this on the TX903 prototype; - are you referring to perhaps another prototype that Massey hadIJ

land_Surfer

Dakota, how do you know thatIJ I heard directly from the factory that the CAT logo is on to stay. Besides, the CAT name isn't what makes the lexion tick, it's the ClAAS name. I don't care what's on the side as long as it keeps doing the job that is does.

dakota

How I know thatIJ I was told by the big chief from Omaha over two years ago.

justapurrin

well i was just told by theo frye less then 6 months ago that your full of it!

dakota

Thanks, got a good laugh out of it. Poor Theo was real nice to begin with and when problems started showing he didn't want to hear it and turned his back. Then Helmut was wondering in Germany why these combines didn't take the market like their choppers did.

Rooster

Two completely different markets there Dakota! No similarities at all!