Combines Other CombinesIJIJIJ

jp

If I could own any combine it would be a Gleaner. I would really enjoy running an older M2_M3 or l2_l3. looking over these machines they seem to be so much easier to maintain versus our current Massey Ferguson 550. It would also be fun to drive a new R75. Not only do I think they seem to be a very simple machine, they have the best cab.

sidewinder

I think the cab they had on the 8780's were nicer than the gleaner cab they put on all the agco combines now... not looking for a fight just sharing my 2 cents, Ed

hv_user

I would agree with that I like my 8780xp cab better than the new ones.

Brian

So many good ones! I'd go with Challenger 670 or New Holland CR. I know you said one but too hard to hard to choose.

Illinois_Gleaner

If I had to go to another combine,which I hope I never do.I would go with a 9790 Massey because my cornhead and flexhead would work on them,therefore saving on trading heads,They do look like a simple machine,they already have the Gleaner frame,finaldrives and cab,I guess all I would need is a truck load of silver paint to go with the trade. Illinois Gleaner

Boss_Man

I have a New Holland combine but if had to buy another brand I would probably go with either the biggest Case rotary made or R75 Gleaner. I think because my Agco dealer is 40 miles farther than the local Case dealer I would buy the Case IH. The Agco dealer out here is also terrible for parts too. They are morons and I'll leave it at that. But in reality, I would just buy another New Holland. My NH dealer is not far away and has always been very good to me.

northernfarmer

Because we keep our machines for a long time(5-10yrs) I'd go with the Cat, they seem to be built better than the others. Might of looked at the New Holland but that pesky saleman has turned me off....Neil