Combines Big Truck are you hereIJ

tobaboy

You'll find a story about the harvesting record on the Claas web site.

Old_Pokey

Thank you. Are you very familiar with cat claas combinesIJ

tobaboy

Yes, we ran a 480 from 2001-03, and this past season we went with a 480r.

Big_Truck

Hi Don, You can get alot of Info at www.claas.co.uk I don't have anything to do with Claas as such,but because our grain_grass yields would be on the "heavy" side we can get to "test" some of the preproduction Claas machines as we're loyal customers. I just prefer their choppers_combines but I would say I'm a JD tractor man.

Old_Pokey

Ok, thanks a bunch Andy, I'll keep scanning claas's site for more info. I figured I better ask over here for a minute, it was getting a bit too crowded over on the red page.:)

Old_Pokey

tobaboy, if I ask you a few opinion questions would you have time to answer them, or would you rather go through email channels for stuff like thatIJ

Old_Pokey

Ok, first I'll explain why I'm asking questions that probably sound kind of stupid. I'm a small seed grower in oregon. Not a big operation or anything, but I am getting tired of the small seed growers being left out of the equation when it comes to combine design. I'm just looking for opinions from other farmers that have ran several different styles of machines for their harvest. 1. What, if any adjustments do feel are lacking in todays combine designIJ (example: seive for and after angle adjustment) 2. If you own your machines and do your own maintainence, how important do feel it is to be able to buy nonpropietary partsIJ ie; generic bearings and belts and hydraulic parts. 3. How long do you think it will be before the farm equipment is ordered by law to conform to strict width and weight lawsIJ (in the USA that is,if that's where you are)

tobaboy

With regards to adjustments, I can only comment on our lexion. I wish we could vary the separation area of the rotors from the cab, this would allow for fine-tuning throughout the day to match the conditions and ultimately increase the efficiency of the machine. I think its definitely important to be able to buy after market parts for any type, make or model of machinery. After market hydraulic parts for our HC sprayer are generally half the price of the same part from willmar. The parts business is a racket if you ask me. Not sure on the last one.