Combines off topic 75c

od

maybe check fuel pressure at the test port,there is a newer style pressure regulator available as the original ones were prone to wear

od

75 seems on the low side i thinkIJ did the cat guys hook up the computer and do the cutout test to see if all the injectors were working okIJ

od

it just occured to me if the engine seems to be running fine but is just low on power,assuming its fuel pressure is ok and air filters are clean,that one other simple thing to check for would be a leak in your aftercooler.might be worth doing a pressure test if you cant find anything else wrong.i would be interested to know what you find as i own challengers too.

slims

yes he did the cut out test on the computer, eveything seemed fine. we are sending a fuel sample away to get tested and if that is okay we are going to put boost gauges on turbo and intake to see how much it drops. i will keep you posted.

Ed_Boysun

When I was demo'ing my 75, My mechanic borrowed a box that we hooked to the diagnostic plug on the left side of the engine; right above the computer module. Seems I remember that thing giving readouts of all sorts of things, including turbo boost. We hooked it up, and ran the wires through the windows, so we could keep track of things as we were working the tractor in the field. The electronic engines process a lot of info, in order to keep running at max effeciency. The right box lets you look at what the computer is seeing too. I suppose a bad sensor might confuse the computer and cause some of your problems too. Ed in Montana

SHOEMAKER

If you have run anything other than CAT fuel filters I would say you need injectors. Worn injectors could easly cause your loss of power and it would not show on the cut out test if they were worn evenly it is realy only looking for a diffrance betwen the injectors. I am not bragging up the CAT filters but they are a 2 micron filter and any of the newer fuel systems can not tolerate much contamination. I have seen injectors worn out in as little as 1500hrs because of dirty fuel and others last 8000-9000hrs + with good fuel system maintenance.

Dr__Allis

Don't know where you are from, but Cat dealers should have fuel "burn rate" flow meters to install on your tractor. When pulling engine at full load the engine should burn XXX ammount of fuel per hr. If it's low on fuel burn you CANNOT have the HP--you gotta feed the horses to have power. I was on an 85C a couple yrs ago and it should have burned 16.0 to 16.5 gallons per hr; it was at 13.5 !!!! Six new injectors and it was back up where it belongs. Cat fuel filters are 2 micron absolute filters. The key word here is absolute!!! Other filters may claim to be 2 micron, but they won't use the word absolute. They do catch SOME 2 micron particles, but let some larger ones pass at times.The fuel burn rate can be obtained with the serial number of the engine.