Combines Dealer Support

Engineer

I know we just bought an 8310 because of service and dealer support. We had been using an Agco Allis 9670 and a 9170 before that on the main reason that they were cheaper than Deere's. this past year we had a short in the wiring harness that caused the transmition to malfuntion. After a fall without our main tractor and spring comming shortly we sold it and got the 8310. The main reason we switched back to Deere is the dealer support and quality of Deere products. We took a beating on the trade in but it was well worth it. We now have a faithfull dependable machine.

t_leslie

Dealer support _ customer support is a two way street.. If you want the dealers to be ther to support you when the combine breaks down, then you need to buy those common every day parts from him also... If you don't want any support or help at any time from a dealer then buy you parts online as cheap as you can..And soon you won't have any local support to worry about my .02

Newguy

In my area WC MN, lex. mechanics and service are some of the best we have worked with....... In the last three years parts has gone from not that great to acceptable.....But we have waited or drove for many hours to get parts for 9600's and 2388's......So I would say no one has a GREAT parts supply in my area.....(that I know of)....... I have heard in other parts of the country service is not so good......But some guys just talk without giving any experience. Good luck

bldairy

My area parts have been quite good, if not on hand We have them on the over night truck between shops. I had some trouble when the part numbers were switched back to claas from cat but never a major wait. The Ziegler Mechanics have been great and will be there when called also. labor hourly costs are somewhat higher than CIH but very well trained.

tobaboy

Toromont has provided great service and support for us, we have no complaints so far. The hydro went out of our new 480r this past fall and though they weren't able to fix it for a week we had a loaner 480r for the whole time ours was down, in the end we lost very little time.

gleanermanitoba

If I remember correctly both of those CATS were parked beside the highway with their sides up for awhile, maybe thats because you realized the wheat was tougher than you told us a couple of hours earlier.

tobaboy

:) Is that Ryan or BrentIJ I'm thinking its Ryan, yep the feeder chain busted on the demo machine the first time around the field...not a good day that one and definitely not good advertising for lexion! What are you guys up to these daysIJ Have you figured out how we're going to make money next yearIJ If you have then let me know!

m

In SW montana in my exsperience they suck my neighbor has great luck with them they have seveval combines and several cat tractors. last spring I needed my acumilater charged on my old cat 65 it took them over three weeks to finally send someone out. when the mechanic showed up din't even now where the acumalater was or anything about it. never been traned in any ag equipment. I was planning on buying a new cat challenger 670 combine talked the the dispatcher head mechanic out of Billings asked he he was going to send any of the local mechanics to the challenger agco combine class they were having in great falls . said he wasn't going to din't really see the need. ...any ways defenitly check out your local dealler ask them if they have mechanics trained in farm equipment or are they all trained in contruction...Not that they can't do it I JUst don't like paying someone big $ to learn on the job

gleanermanitoba

Your right it's Ryan. We are hauling grain everywhere Wheat to Elie, Peas to Carman and St Jean some winter wheat to Nesbitt otherwise bookwork and shop work. Just came home from St Jean with a load of Faba seed so I guess We will grow some of that again. I am also trying 200 acres of millet for bird seed see how it goes.

bluehawk1

i am looking at cat combines right know. i am a young harvester out of red lodge, mt. say on your post that you deal with the guys out of billings and was wondering where you are atIJ