Combines Kidney Beans

justapurrin

you could put in a round bar concave to harvest edible beans but then you won't be able to harvest wheat with the dang thing!! that seems to be the biggest draw back with the lexion machines is you really can't do every crop with one concave!

AGCOfan

We put round bar concaves in the TR at work this year. They do a wonderfull job. Big improvement in Black and soy beans. Havn't ran them in corn yet. But ya you can't run them in wheat but they arn't that difficult to remove. Just have to get the hang of it. Take care, Nathan

justapurrin

only problem with the claas machine is you have to remove a whole bunch of stuff to get the main threshing concave out of the machine!! it isn't just a 3 or 4 hour job on this machine

Coors_light

If you run the round bar concave in conjunction with small grain grates (6.5mm x 42mm) or intermediate grates (12mm x 42mm) the round bar should work fine. If you need a bit more threshing, all you need to add are the intensive threshing segments. Pre-concave grates and the intensive threshing segements each take less than 15 minutes to swap out or install. The standard lexion N18 (18mm x 40 mm) wire concave is universal and works well in most crops. There will be some situations_crops where a filler plate option (see lexion parts) might be necessary to add to the front section of the main concave, as well as changing out the pre-concave segments (see time to change above),but these are easy and require very little time to change and are no more different from what is expected from other combines, in fact less. I have yet to come across a combine with a universal concave set-up. The lexion comes the closest.

justapurrin

you have obviously never harvested edible beans with a claas yeah maybe it will do fine with a round bar cancave. however it will not do wheat with it in there period ive tried! yeah i put in the intesive segments and it didn't help, it just isn't aggressive enough!! and no one makes a machine that will do every crop however there are machine that take a heck of a lot less time to change concaves then the claas! and those concaves are available from the factory the claas isn't with a round bar, the dealer has to put the dang thing in for an extra coin! i like claas don't get me wrong but it isn't my favorite combine by any stretch, not sure which one i would buy if i was in the marketIJIJIJIJIJ

Coors_light

I was successful with the round bar concave and yes, I have ran edible beans, among a few other crops with a lexion. The round bar is ideal for delicate food grade crops, but if you are wanting a more universal concave then try either the N7_18 small grains main concave or the N18 universal main concave. Both have operated well in edible beans, it all depends on the conditions you are in as to which one does the better job. I like the round bar myself and it doesn't take as long as you might think the change the main concave. We change ours out by taking off the feederhouse and take it right out the front, under the APS. Once you have done it once, three of us can do it in less than 3 hours now. I don't mind 3 hours when I can get that good of a grain sample.

justapurrin

im not being a smart @ss but do you work in omahaIJIJIJIJ lol lol claas told us 3 to 4 hours as well however my cat shop can't even do it in 3 or 4 hoursIJIJ lol