Combines hard red

Wilber

I understand the use of the small grain pre-concaves as used under the APS, but what are the "aggressive threshing segments" that you are referring toIJ AS I recall, those are the fillers between the APS concave and main concave, to create a more aggressive threshing action at the main cylinder, rightIJ Also, I expect you did not have any (corn) filler plates between the rasp bars, rightIJ Where was the location for HRWIJ What was the crop yield and granin moistureIJ lexion 570 ... that's the strawwalker version, rightIJ What engine and HPIJ Does the 35 max flex head have dual knife drives and center supported, full finger auger like the 40 foot max flex headIJ Thanks in advance for confirmation of your set up.

land_Surfer

The agressive threshing segments referred to in the original post are obviously the lexion's Intensive Threshing Segements. Also, there is NO lexion 570 straw walker combine(ref. www.lexioncombines.com) available, therefore, the 570 in question has to be the 350hp 570R hybrid combine (cylinder APS threshing with twin rotary separation) with the high performance JetStream cleaning system and grain handling and high capacity hydraulic folding grain tank extension. If I understand my rep. right, the only two regions where CaseIH dealers are selling lexion combines are Arkansas and I think part of Missouri and Ontario, Canada. Therefore, If this is the same combine referred to in "redman's" post over on the CaseIH talk page, and the wheat was harvested around the same time as the posting, it is obviously an Ontario machine where corn is also a preferred crop, therefore, the combine mosti likely has its filler plates between each rasp bar installed. Given the advantages of the front paddle_accelerator cylinder of the APS system, the same requirements do not apply to the lexion as they do with other combines equipped with conventional threshing.

Wilber

Thanks for the added info. Still wondering about the 35 foot max flex head. Does it have single or dual knife driveIJ Does it have a center auger bearing support like the forty foot max flexIJ

land_Surfer

The 35 and 40 foot maxflex heads use a carrier bearing to hold the two piece table auger in place. It doesn't sag or bark on stripper plates when the sun shines on it. They have an overlapping left and right hand cutter bar driven from the left and right side using a SCH epicyclical planetary knife drive...very smooth, fast and quiet and works great. The split reel is by far the best I have ever seen and works unbelieveable

Wilber

Thanks for trhe additional explanation and would be a very nice header improvement to have the center support on the auger. The center support has been on the large cornhead for many years. Just makes good design to do this on a grain headers. Also heard some guys at a fair talking about a sickel driving from two points in the middle of the header adn was working great. Maybe it was on a new header, not sure.