CWB fusarium programs to disappear

frank

U.S. experience suggests private grain companies won't offer special blending programs for infected wheat by Allan Dawson

Farmers plagued with fusarium head blight are likely to see deeper discounts in the wake of the Canadian Wheat Board’s monopoly, the board’s agronomist Mike Grenier says.“I think you’ll see deep discounts pretty quickly...

Farmers plagued with fusarium head blight are likely to see deeper discounts in the wake of the Canadian Wheat Board’s monopoly, the board’s agronomist Mike Grenier says.

“I think you’ll see deep discounts pretty quickly on an individual year,” Grenier said during the recent 7th Canadian Workshop on Fusarium Head Blight.

“I guess you just have to look south of the border with acreage down there and how it has been pushed out of the fusarium-infected area.”

Read more at http://agcanada.com/daily/cwb-fusarium-programs-to-disappear/

Auctionguyyy

This is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

Fusarium back in 1993 was what made so many farmers see the light that the CWB was incompetent because they told farmers to burn their wheat because there was no market for it.

Those "Evil" US grain companies made a fortune buying this worthless grain and the farmers (and Crop Insurance) were ecstatic that someone actually wanted it

Now the CWB says that without them the farmers will lose out?

That is priceless....