Combines Help purchasing first CIH combine

2344CaseIH

if you are going to run a 6 row head i would look into a Case IH 2344. Thats what we bought last fall and we are gonna use this fall. Case IH 2344 will handle 20ft head and a 1064 cornhead

foot_n_mouth

Yes, the 2344 will handle these heads; but, the 2366 is a more popular size combine so parts are more accessable. The 2388 is too large for your head size choices unless you really want to cruise down the field.

Pa__Harvester

Brodale is right. Unless you need the horsepower for mud, hills. or tough straw conditions the 44 is a fine machine. I owned a 1640 and it was probably the most fuel efficient machine I've had. Other options to think about- Standard vs. specialty rotor- if you are predominantly corn with some dry beans and wheat a standard rotor would be my pick. If you spend any time at all in green stem or weedy beans or tough straw wheat you'll want a specialty rotor. I don't know if they still make machines without accumulators, but I wouldn't buy a machine without. 4WD is nice on hills and in mud, but kills your turning radius. I don't know if you have rocks in your area, if so you'll want a rock trap. If not you don't. The CIH rock trap is a high maintainance headache,(my opinion),although not so bad as to make me go green! Good luck!

chadh

here we go again, never go with a smaller machine! you can run a 20 ft. head and a 6 row on a 88. you can set the machine to do a great job. and you will never run out of power and be happy as a lark! the new machine they are building 2377, is going to have a big rotor and it is replacing the 2366. which is a 6 row machine. my advice is buy a 88 series machine, we did and haven't had any trouble.

rodd

if you can find a 88 worth the money go for it that way you will never be short on power or cap. you never know maybe you will get a bigger planter someday and go to eight row then you already have a machine for it we ran a 1688 and a 2388 with a 22.5 in beans and a 6 row in corn and it works fine now are running a 1083 in corn and 25 in beans and 30 in wheat.

HDl

Thanks for all your information I think I am going to og with the 2366 4wd, special rotor, and chopper.

HDl

Thinks guys for your help but I found a 2166 4wd in Mascoutah Il. It has 866eng hours and 699 threshing hours and special rotor and straw chopper. looks very nice.

coop_62

If you can go for a 2388 Especially if you can get one with the AFX Rotor They are very dependable and great combines easy to work on and a great cab... The only problem we have had on our combines 21-23 combines is the computer brain seems to go out each year which isn't that big of a deal honestly and i would add that we do a combine rotation each year with 2 combines so its not like we just run the same combines each year and it might be bad luck some people seem to have that i wasn't trying to brag incase it came off that way just stateing that its always a different combine that the brain goes bad on the guy who gets our combines hasn't had any problems with the computer brains so i guess were just lucky know what i meanIJIJIJ :)