Combines 2388 wheel bolts

cycl

Couple of things that we talk about at combine clincs each year... 1. Air pressure-Min. 8 psi difference-lower on the outside of course. 2. Once one breaks and you keep running you have compromised the strentgh of the others 3. Torque-Make sure your dealer is using the torque turn method 4. The latest bolts are silver and are coated with dorraltech which cannot have any lube used on them when installed. 5. Make for sure that all the paint is off mating surfaces on your duals and hubs. This is often not done on the machines I see. 6. loose the grain tank extension (HAHA) One other thing I see that CIH has done on the 2500 series is add a taller flange on the final drive which should help this situation. Good luck

jas

I got rid of those over priced bolts and put in track bolts from Cat. I think they were 12.9 Took both wheels off and ground the paint off and then used retaining compound on the mateing surfaces of the rims and torqued them to 600lbs. 2 years and no broken bolts.

Case_Farmer

Actually weve had the same problem with the first year combine almost every year except for 2-3 in the last lets say 8 or 10 years of rolling combines Each time we take out the bolt and put Case Penetrating oil on it and tighten it back to specs and it never comes out again So save your money on buying case_cat_deere_any other kinda bolt or a different bolt for that matter. weve only managed to break just a few..so im not sure how common that is..