Combines 292 GM IN A SQUAREBACK

The_Red

In the 4400 series, they started in 1970. I don't know if the gas option was available until the 4420s were introduced or not. The carburetor and manifold are probably different than the truck version. My engine on the 4400 has a Bendix Zenith one barrel carburetor. When I get home this evening, I'll look up a gent's name in Arkansas that has extensive knowledge of the GM 292 6 banger and get his name to you.

PA

Would appreciate any info--'secially from AR as thats where I am.. I had an old round back a few years ago and sold it off as scrap.. 55R I thinkIJIJ Naturally now I wish I had it back. What I'm doing is a little off the wall-- I Build Model T Ford jalopy street rods out of pieces I find laying around.. I have been running a 250 GM six overbored with 327 pistons, cam, two webber two bbls, big valve head etc.. They start knocking on me pretty fast, and I'm looking for a heavier built GM 6, and thought the Deere motor may have forged crank and pistons.. The T is real light, 1800 lbs, and the 6 will run with most small v8s.. Its a kick to out run street racers with a six-- It'd be a REAl kick to out run em with a thresher motor outta a John Deere!!! Just for the tellin of the tale!! Thanks PA