Combines 313 head

Nobul

I'll try to help-return some favours I've received here. It should be well explained in the manual. Get one if you don't have one. I assume this is the same as a 320 for an M_l_R. Okay, here we go. Make sure the springs and contact bars are free of corrosion and make ElECTRICAl contact-use emery or sandpaper to clean. Raise header and push flex links to be sure they are down all the way. Check under the head to be sure all sensor rods on the rocker shaft are touching the top control arm to the skid plates. Now go to the spring switch and remove the return spring to take tension off the switch. Raise the sensor rods to touch the bottm o the feather sheets and check that the link arm (has turnbuckle attached) is90 degrees to bottom of the header. Not the knife tilt arm,but the header frame. Now adjust the turnbuckle so that the lower spring just touches the contact bar to the front of the head, and turn 1_2 to 1 turn more. Reconnct the long spring and you should be in business. I say should because I have also had problems with poor contacts at the plug-in,broken connections at the plug-ins, and broke wires inside the harness anywhere from the cab to the head. Good luck. Your manuals should have wiring diagrams to help trace and locate power failures. If memory serves, when the auto height is engaged the 3 springs should have power. You may need both header and thresher clutches engaged to power-up the AHHC. Good luck. Rob.

southpaw

We have a F3 with 313 flex head that we bought reconditioned in '96. When we bought the machine the auto header height control had been removed. The dealer who reconditioned the machine removed it in the overhaul because he said they were never satisfactory on the rolling hills and the rock we have in our area. There are several F2's and F3's in our area none of them have a functioning auto height control. I just have to keep a close eye on the platform. Probably not the answer you were looking for but that's been my experience with this option.