Combines 330 for a K

ewbeye

Great little machine. The K will handle a 330 corn head without problems, even at higher yielding corn (200bu). It will thresh the grain effortlessly if your cylinder is equipped with aggressive rasp bars. The aggressive rasp bars have every other rib filed or ground level, allowing for better grain flow over the concave channel bars. Usually I run with 3 concave bars, one on the front door and 2 on the back door. I run a 20" belt sheave on the cylinder for speeds of 400-650rpm. Concave clearance of 1_2" to 3_4", keeping the cobs as whole as possible. You may have to attach cylinder filler bars if the corn is wet to help keep cobs whole. One drawback on the K is that even though the cylinder can thresh the grain at 200bu_a corn with a 330 cornhead, its shoe can be overflowed by grain. If your want to run in 2nd gear, you may want to make some adjustments especially if the grain is 23% and wetter. Those adjustments include opening the chaffer up a little more, keeping all the cobs whole, and speeding up the clean grain elevator by replacing a drive sprocket. Also open the fan all the way and set your A330 black cornhead on the faster speed. That kind of a setup will allow you middle to high variable speeds in 2nd gear.

brownbend83

Thanks for the info. I have spotted a pretty good black 330 that is for sale. Thanks again.