Combines Macdon or Honeybee

dinkum

We have used both on a 480 in Australia, and they worked about the same. The Honeybee in the past has been easier to switch over to swathing, but MacDon has made some progress in that area. Honeybee is also available with 39ft. Auto contour isn't needed with either one. It can't react as quickly as the float springs, and both belt fronts have plenty of left-right movement for all but the steepest hill.

Punk

We have had each . The Honey Bee has been more trouble free, but the factory customer service from MacDon is better . The newest versions of the Macdon look pretty good but we had alot of trouble with our 93 . Wobble boxes-2,crank arms -2, driveshafts to centre canvas -1 ,coil springs, chain in chain case . We also like the bent centre arm on the HOney Bee that wasn't available on the MacDon . The HOney Bee has been good except for a few things that I think they should of known about and changed or let the customer know about Canvas adjusters and where they guage wheels hook on are cracking away from the frame .Other than that we have the double wobble box which is great and we actually really like this header. Punk

RB

The newest MacDons have the better MacDon designed wobble boxes and the new adapter has eliminated the chain case set up. Also I believe that they also have a curved center arm.

camshaft

Hi KP, No experience with either header, most guys around here use Macdon. What are you asking for your HoneyBeeIJ and how old and what shapeIJ I assume it's rigged to fit a Gleaner.

curlboy

We have a 30ft Macdon 972 on front of a 9750 and absolutely love it.

gm

We run a 30' MacDon and this fall we couldn't get it to stop backfeeding under the side canvases. It would plug up to ten times on a hopper full.

M

Can't go wrong with either of them. We have a Honey Bee on a swather, it works great; schumacher easy cut system, heavy tubular frame. I have heard of problems with the larger Macdons "frowning" on the ends after a while. Don't know about the new ones though.

ndh

If you are doing grains plus pulse crops, the HB will do an excellent job in those crops. I have cusomters using them in peas, lentils, small grains, and soybeans. And with the high capacity feeder deck and drum on the HB, it will force feed and keep a consistant volume in your rotor. I have many HB's on 1688, 21's, 23's, and 8010's. Honestly, with a HB on your 1688 compared to the 1010, you will think you have a totally different combine. I would like to know where you are located. Email me if you dont mind. I do have a demonstrator in my area to show off this year.