Combines 400 v s 700

Tim

I ranbrand new R72 this summer and they had the 700 series headers on them. I was really impressed those platforms in heavy wheat and rye. however in light wheat the kept the machine from feeding well. But in good wheat I would say they will work good. And if I was you I would buy the a used pickup reel of of a regular 400 series they bolth on the same. if any questions email me

silver_Streak

I was curious as to how they performed in poor wheat. What feeding problems did you haveIJ Silver Streak

Dan

Sando, We just sold our first 700 but have moved a bunch of 800's. The 800 is more or less a 700 with a floating bar. Most of the 800's we sold have Crary air reels and they worked perfectly together. We cut a lot of wheat and beans with them. I would be unsure how they would work in very light crop but I would venture a guess that they wouldn't be any worse than the old heads. If you have a 700 or 800 you should take a look under left and right back stripper very close to feeder opening for there is a bolt protruding in where the straw should be flowing freely. Something like that can really screw up the flow. Good luck in whatever you do. Dan