Combines Touching up the wheat sample

Farm_Kid2

This is all you need. Max your fan out and the chaff will be out of your sample. I use the chaffer monitor to see if any grain is going out. If so, just back the fan down until the loss is low enough. I would guess you can nearly max the old style fan completely out.

Greedy_Guts

Farmkid, would you put a deflector on without first putting a Hilco kit on. Which makes most differenceIJ

west_illini

just to remind, this is a short sieve machine. I don't think I am starving for air as I can blow some out. Just need to make the wind do the job

Farm_Kid2

We've always run the deflector with the new style fan, so I can't really say for sure, but I doubt you need the Hilco kit as much as you need the deflector. The old style fan is supposed to deliver as much air as the new one, but maybe a little lite in the middleIJ

Rockpicker

looks can be deceiving. last year was my first year running a rotary which was a JD 9760 STS from Machinery link. Thought the sample was dirty and was all kinda pi$$ed and everything until I got the grain lab reports back. Dockage was only .2-.3% which is lower then I thought it was going to be. This year I have an idea or two I might try on cleaning up the sample a little. But if can't get it much cleaner I am not going to worry about it since the dockage is already low.

Farm_Kid2

I agree, you should have plenty of air, it's just not quite pointed in the right direction. Once you get it evened out, you will be able to speed the fan up without blowing grain out the back.

west_illini

my tickets came back at .2-.3%. This is a 16 yr old 3300 houred machine, so can't complain. I just try to do the best I can so I don't get any "guff" from the guys unloading at the elevator. All the beans and wheat I raise is for seed, so need to keep a good reputation

s

If your machine is good for a few more years Get the new style Fan update its well worth it put one in mine two years ago and I really do believe u gain just a few Hp Plus air is even across the sieves my setup for 90 - 100 bushel wheat was 2 small wire concaves 1 largewire with small wire extention 1 sloted grate two bar grates 1050 specialty rotor underload 1050 fan speed underload 3.5 mph just got some test weight back from trucks shipped HRW Dockage 0.1000000 Test weight 410.000000 = in neighbourhood of 65-66n moisture 14.3