Combines Airfoil vs Adjustable Sieve 1480

M__Gorden

Check out the AirJet chaffer. Just open the lower sieve wide, set the fan speed and harvest. This season's early reports are: First operator, Henryetta, TX: " I like it! Saves more grain and getting a clean sample. I can go from one field to the next without making adjustments." Second operator, Enid, OK: " With this chaffer I won't have to clean my seed wheat." I can save enough in one season on seed cleaning costs alone to pay for the chaffer!"

John_W

Question on the AirJet chaffer. What happens if you want to change from harvesting wheat to peas in the middle of the day. Do you have to change screensIJ

M__Gorden

The screen for peas will also do wheat. The pea screen may not clean quite as well in wheat as the wheat screen. Otherwise, it only takes 10 or 15 minutes to switch elements for the best performance in each crop.

D

The finer the seed, the better the Air Foil will work. You should give it a try, I'm sure it will be worth it to you. If you want to try an adjustable type air foil, the Petersen is close to it.

Farm_Kid2

We really like our Petersen adjustable from loewen. I posted the link. We have it in both the chaffer and the lower sieve. They work well keeping the trash suspended, and with the repeatable adjustments are easy to clean and set. I like the looks of the Gorden AirJet even better, but haven't had the opportunity to see one work yet.

auditor

What about going between Corn and SoybeansIJ Those are really the only crops we harvest. We currently own a 1640.

Dave

I have the Gordon rotor bars and the first three sections blanked off on my concaves

M__Gorden

Unthreshed heads in your grain tank is of course a threshing problem. Several things can be done to increase threshing in the Axial-Flow combines. You should have at least enough Gorden bars to cover the area over the first two concaves. There are cover plates and then there are Gorden Cover Plates. There are features about Gorden Cover Plates that are not provided by other brands. These features keep more of the crop inside the rotor cage to give the bars more time to keep threshing pressure on the crop against the concaves. The concaves job is to retard the crop while the bars cram the crop against itself until threshed. If the square edge of your concave bars are worn you will not get enough retarding action. The concaves must be leveled and be operating at a near zero pinch point at about the 7th bar to the right of the extension joint. I suggest you set all of your vanes to the slow position and run your rotor at a high r.p.m. Straw and chaff in the grain tank is a cleaning problem which I assure you the Gorden AirJet chaffer will solve. These suggestions will solve 90% or better of the hard threshing conditions. For the near impossible threshing wheat, phone me, I have other suggestions you may be interested in. Phone: 1.800.745.1680 I have not used an air deflector. So far, no AirJet chaffers have been installed in machines with air deflectors. The AirJet chaffer is performing very well without any air deflectors.