Combines new combine

kidroff

Would you not agree that sales dictate the release of new models in ANY brand of equipmentIJ

bm

Of course they do! They all do it, plus it's a good way to update "little bits" of technology without a complete overhaul of the model. (like a 4960 or 9610 or on the red side with all the different lines of Magnums and the different series of combines - they haven't changed the style since it was introduced in the 70s). The companies want the sales, but also the farmers (in our area at least) still like to have the newest_greatest_latest, and they want new equipment models too.

Green_Envy

How did you like your combineIJ If you were satisfied with it then trade up to R62. Don't know about NH combines because none of them are around here but I am sure other guys will help you on that.

AJZ

thats something else. My ih dealer used to be ok on parts for my Gleaner but then after all the merger stuff they stopped doing agco business. Performance in and of itself was ok corn wansnt as good as expected and soybeans were ok. We do have about 4 nh combines in this area so they must of been o since the nearest dealer when they were new was about 40 miles away.

johnboy

AJZ we run a R72 as well as a TR99 and the NH is harder to service than the gleaner.They both have their good and bad points although the new NH rotary due out next year should really make the NH shine.The dealer support is the most important factor.john

AJZ

i figured the TRs would be harder given the fact that you can walk around the entire engine in a gleaner. last year i helped ot on a TR98 for a neighbor. I was impressed. The only thing that got me was comfort. Then he told me the i was dumb enough not to adjust for someone that is 5 inches taller than him.

AJZ

i figured the TRs would be harder given the fact that you can walk around the entire engine in a gleaner. last year i helped ot on a TR98 for a neighbor. I was impressed. The only thing that got me was comfort. Then he told me the i was dumb enough not to adjust for someone that is 5 inches taller than him.

TwinRotor

New Holland TR's are more popular now than they have ever been. I'm seeing more and more around where I live. I know this one farmer who has an R72 and a R7. I saw a TR99 sitting there today with a 30 ft flex header on it, so maybe he is changing. His neighbors have a TR99 and TR96 that they run right by his fields maybe that influced him to go NEW HOllAND.

Ilnewholland

I think you will like a TR-99. We have a TR-98 with 25' grain head and 8rn corn head for 1500 ac. I think I would get a 30' grain head next time. My uncle has a R52 and it is a good combine also as I have ran it too. I do think a TR is built a little more heavy than gleaner but that is just the way I see it. I have very little down time at all. We have almost all AC and Agco tractors as my dealer selles both Agco and NH. But I have four NH dealers within 50 miles of me and two Agco. The New Holland company is very good as they have done updates on a used four year old TR-97 that I had (changed hydro pump just because some failed someplace). As you said the TR you drove impressed you so I think you know what it can do for you. The cab is nice but not as roomy as your gleaner but it has room for me and three kids sometime. I think the grain damage is less than any other combine. TR's have allways had a lot of power and not need any mods to make it work in any conditions. The head feed reverser is the best and the terrain tracer is better than most. They are very reliable as I have not had a breakdown in four years (knock on wood). I think the new CR's will be the very best combine in the future. Good luck!

Tom_Russell

Hey there baron. It is good to hear from you. Did you finish picking last years crop with your green weenieIJ Did your ditch freeze over yetIJ The neighbor in the next section to the east has a new Gleaner. I will get one as soon as my 10-year-old Gleaner needs to be replaced. That should be sometime in about 2025. As you know, those Gleaners never wear out and they are always 10-15 years ahead of the competition with new developments. Tom in MN