Combines new machines

Green_Envy

I read some where the only 5,000 combines were sold last year verses 6,000 the year before. According to the magazine, that translates to about one combine sold per dealer if it was averaged out.

deereboy

New combinesales will be harder and harder in the future. Dealers can't get rid of these units. Solution is, customworkers all to ask for more per acre harvested so that the dealer can ask more $$$ difference! Customrates are about the same as 10 years ago!!!

budlight

Our dealer has traded for 30 something new machines 9650sts or 9750 sts at the time we traded in January. Another dealer in KY that we priced new machines with had sold several as well but he also said he was pilling up on the used machines. I know the dealer has already sold our old bean head, header trailer, and is in the process of selling the combine and poly 6 row head. Our machine that we are trading in will probably never go back to the dealer. I will probably have plenty of questions on the STS when ours arrives. It should be hear the last part of this month.

hv_user

Budlight, what did you trade, and which sts are you gettingIJ onlooker

budlight

Onlooker, We traded in a 1996 yr 9500 with same year 922 polly head and 693 polly head. The machine we are getting is a 9650STS loaded with everything but the green star since we have a agleader. The heads we are getting are a 893 and a 930F. I am ready for them to arrive so we can start going over them before wheat harvest.

greenstrat

custom rates are a lot like for-hire truck rates. There are always plenty of guys willing to cut their own throats to get the business. This translates into pretty stagnant custom rates. May not go down but sure don't go up much. If I could get guys to come when I wanted there is no way in world I would own a combine. GS

snowman

I have a 96 9500 and was wondering how much did it cost you to trade on a 9650sts i am thinking about trading on one thanks.

budlight

Snowman, The machine and heads we had were all purchased new in 1996 by us. The hours on the combine was 1732 on the sep. and 2200 engine hours roughly. Machine was equiped with grain loss monitor, 4X4, 30.5 drive tires, cylider bars were used in 3 corn crops, acre counter monitor in corner console. The corn head was a 693 polly in great shape. Bean head was a 922 flex with poly dividers and polly under neadth. the Dealer we traded with allowed us $60,000 for combine, $14,000 for the corn head and $8,000 for the bean header. The new 9650 sts that we are getting is completely loaded with everything but the green star. both bean and corn heads are fully loaded along with 1 new JandM header trailer. The combine has 20.8X 42 duals, 28X26 rear tires, chopper, extensions, heavy duty grain package. We are having to give $150,000 plus our old equipment.

nod

Has the engine horsepower issue been resolvedIJ My 9750 sts 2002 has not. I suppose they are just shipping them out now and telling the buyer "it will be taken care of". I would not take delivery of a new sts unless this issue was addressed in writing by corperate deere. The folks with 02 sts's and 20 series tractors are getting closer everyday to filing law suits against deere. Save your self alot of grief and even more money. DON'T take delivery of it. I'm dead serious, I don't want to see another farmer get into the situation I am.

Can_Man

What is the power issue problem and is it a factor on the 2003 9750 STSIJIJ