Combines Hydraulic Pump add-on to power reel on John Deere 224 header

FredHaddock

I have purchased a Gleaner L3 that has been adapted to a John Deere 224 header. The header has an add-on hydraulic pump powered from the platform drive to power the reel. Apparently the little electric motor that is attached to the pump that governs the variable speed for the reel has died. I am looking to find 1) Replacement motor, or (2) new hydraulic pump with variable drive to replace the current pump.

I cannot find any model or serial numbers on the pump. On the pump is "HYDRAPOWER" with a stylized "Ross" in cursive (I think, it is very stylized) and the numbers 167. On the gearbox for the motor is the numbers 402877.

Searching all over the net. I have been unsuccessful so far. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

MC

MC

Administrator
Staff member
Could you post a photo of the pump? I think that would help others identify it for you.

FredHaddock

I did find that the pump is a "Ross Hydrapower." Possibly model 167. Which was a trademark (now expired) of TRW. Apparently TRW has been taken over by ZF. Apparently what I am looking for is some sort of replacement for the pump.