Combines Fine Cut Chopper

NowGleaner7

A R 65. What I meant was put replacement hammers on that were built with no sharp edges and would be blunt like the old style choppers but a little wider. I don't think it would block things up as there would be the same n of hammers only less aggressive. The stationary would be out of the way.

kernal

We always use low speed and concave dropped for straw that we need for baling.

Cornborer

My 2006 R65 did an exellent job in corn with very little problem. Switched to beans and noticed a vibration and howling noise at idle. Opened access door to chopper and 8 of the 12 chopper knives were gone, the other 4 had cracks on them. Seems to be a common problem this year. This was a new machine and this was the only problem I had except for some minor electrical problems.

Illinois_Gleaner

I had the same problem. Was shellling corn felt a slight vibration,nothing big.I found the problem,tore the side out aroung the bearing flanges. Had to weld a piece from a bean head over the hole. 2 days later I was cutting beans and felt the vibration right away,as it was on the fast side. Threw another hammer off.It had about 200 hours on it when it happened. It is also a 05 model. They are going to fix mine this winter,the whole side will have to be replaced.There is a problem with this chopper for sure. The hammers on mine break right across the hole. IG

turbo

Same problem here. The hammers break right across the hole throwing chopper out of balance. The 07's have the same problem.

kip

Had the same problem on my 05 R75. Service man said to change chopper knives and bushings every year.

Jeff

That is unacceptable. We are loosing knives under 300 hrs. If they are breaking before they need turned over there is an issue. Took my time today and beefed up area around bearing flange. Now that I know what it feels like when you loose a knife I can head it off before a total rebuild. I hope they get the knives figured out soon.

Foxtail

We lost a hammer on our '06 R65 in beans this Fall. Went to dealer to get a new pair but he didn't have any and said not to expect any until Nov. 1st. Said he was at dealer meeting and there was lots of discussion about hammer breakage this year. We ended up removeing a hammer oposite the one that broke. By the time we finished corn we had another hammer so loose that it was hitting the chopper floor when running empty.

minorfarmer

We have had a couple break in an 05 65 that was used for the first time this fall. Knew about problems so checked at first sign of vibration. Dealer had at least 3 self-destruct this fall. Said they are patching them up to get through then putting the old style chopper back in during the off season. Think AGCO could come up with a better hammer with this much trouble. My problem is there was no warning from AGCO or dealer about the problem. If we all knew about the problem we would have hammers on hand and "feel" the problem before it caused major damage.