Combines Combine trade

John

The top hooks(F) are removed and the top Plate_tube is put in it's place. Throat reducers are removed. The bottom latch hooks are moved out to align. And I think the pto shaft on the head have to be replaced with shorter ones. That should do it. Some combine salvage yards have heads parted out for these pieces.

Curt

I have shafts for a 430 head to fit a M series. If you could find out what size you need I could find out if they'll work for you. If they drive in the same place on both heads they will probably work. Curt

Chris

I've got an uncle who tried to trade off two 9750 machines that just finished a second season. I think that they've got somewhere around 600 sep. hrs apiece, and the dealership wanted $64,000 apiece on trade. He used to trade yearly or every other year, but he says that he will keep these until they fall apart at that kind of depreciation. I've heard about some dealerships out in the wheat belt who won't even take a trade if you've got anything older than a 10 series machine.

D

I also can't find a dealer who will trade for a year old machine. I guess the bad farm econonmy has finally got to the machinery business. 50 cents extra on corn would make a big difference. Dealers know we have to trade sonner or later, but they too have to be financially carefull