Combines 1293 with 35 5 32 tires

Greenblood

Yes,they are the only tires we run on 9600's with 930 platforms and 12 row cornheads. We have run them since 1992 with no trouble.

farmguy

Do they "float" okay without making too much of an impression in the fieldIJ

greenstrat

if the make an "impression" what are you gonna doIJ Go back to the 6 rowIJ look up weight rating for tires on the firestone website. Now go weigh the combine with a load of grain and the corn head on it. My guess is you will be stretching the limits if you use a grain extension as everyone is. GS

Farm_Kid2

Combines have kept getting bigger and heavier, but due to the economics of the situation, equipment makes have elected to just keep putting the 30.5-32 tires on the front of them. At this point, the big machines with 12 row heads are making concrete under the front tires if you run the 30.5s. It is pretty easy to compare different tire options, including duals, with respect to compaction. Simply determine the max weight that each tire is going to see (running your machine on scales is the best, but you can get in the ballpark by adding up the empty weight of the machine, the grain and the head). With that weight in hand, see how much air you have to run in the tire to support the load. The ground compaction is approximately the same as the air pressure. The 35.5-32 tire is kind of an odd-ball, and is mainly used in rice country with the real tall lugs. It works better than the 30.5, but the rice lugs vibrate like crazy on the road. Its not really a large enough tire in my opinion for 12 rows. Duals have gone a long way toward fixing this because you can finally get enough rubber on the ground. However, if you routinely cut in wet conditions and your soil is sticky, it is very difficult to keep the mud from building up between the duals, no matter how far apart they are. For those situations, a large single tire is the way to go. For large singles, you have two good 32 rim options: a 36 wide rim that is used with the 73x44-32 tire, and a 44 wide rim that is used with the 68x50-32 tire. If you are ordering a new machine, you should be able to specify either of these rims from the factory, or you might be able to find them used. If you have new rims custom made to fit your application, its not much $ compared to the tires. Now for the tires: for the 36 rim, the Michelin 1050_50 R32 is the way to go. It is a radial, supports a huge load at low pressure, and rides nice on the highway. That is what we are using. If you have hilly land, you might not want to go this way because it is a very pliable tire, perhaps too pliable for steep sidehillsIJ For the 44 rim, Firestone has introduced a new tire size called the 76x50.0B32. Its a huge bias ply tire and is rated for higher loads than the Michelin. However, Firestone makes it difficult to determine the rated load at reduced pressure, so its hard to compare the two. Sorry for the long answer. I did a lot of research on this before we bought the Michelins. If anyone is thinking of going to big tires on their combine, e-mail me with your max weight and I will try to calculate the rated pressure for the tire you are interested in. PS: Almost forgot the Trelleborgs.well leave that discussion for another day.

Greenblood

As far as flotation,our 9500's with 30.5's and 6 row cornheads in mud will be making a 12" rut and my 9610 with 35.5 and 12 row will make a track a little over lug deep,4-5".What we have seen with "logger tires" in the right conditions on hills,you may end up in the creek because of not enough traction to keep you where you want to be.The 35.5's do make you 15' wide, but better than duals at 18'.

Farm_Kid2

Greenblood, I agree that if you have steep sidehills and mud it's kind of tough to decide what to do. I think the reason the logger tires slip downhill is that they can stay on top of REAllY soft ground. Since they don't fall in, they don't get as good of traction. However, the Michelins have really nice tread on them and are designed for traction...might work better than most logger tiresIJ

farmguy

I have been running a 9500 with an 843 cornhead with little trouble, as far as floatation, using 30.5s. I just bought a 9600 with the 35.5s, which is very popular here. It has a bin exstension. I have the 843 cornhead but havethe oportunity to buy a 1293 head cheap and just wanted to make sure I was not getting in to trouble. The machine also has the larger rear tires and planetary final drives. Our soils here vary from 5+% organic to 1_2% organic. Some good stuff for bricks.

greenstrat

wondered for years why large (heavy) cornheads don't have lift wheels to take load off the combine drive wheels. Would make a huge difference in compaction. 12 row head w_big grain extension will be real heavy on front tires. Good luck, GS

farmguy

looks like we are going to stay with the 843 and bin exstension. The 1293 probably would be okay until it became slightly wet or worse a hurricane. I am from North Carolina coast.

greenstrat

seems like a world away..I live in west iowa in the missouri river bluffs. Soil profile is sometimes 100 feet deep. Black dirt is real shallow and low in organic matter. 8 row w_large extension will let you produce a lot of corn_hour. GS