Combines Planting Progress

greenmachine

In northern Il, rockford area, we have done about 400 acres of corn or so, another 400-500 to go and 700 acres of beans to plant, moving along okay, we were about 60% done this time last year, got an early start, were planting by april 18th..

D

Here in southeast NE, I am 90% done, only problem up to today it has been cool and nothing is up yet, Finally got a good rain this morning, Need much more

lefty

North central Iowa, all of our corn is in and we're about half done with our beans. We've gotten about an inch and a half of rain in the last 3 weeks. That should last us a little while. We should be done in a week, weather permitting. Some places have corn up about 2 inches but none of ours yet.

ag__teacher

You can have some of our rain. This time last year I only liked about 40 acres of beans that were to be planted in a wet river bottom. This year I have only planted 5 acres of corn and no soybeans. Others here in western Kentucky have yet to even take any equipment to the field. I have been 1 day away from planting at least 6 times this year including today. There is more rain predicted for tomorrow and the weekend.

sebas

Hello, I'm from Spain. I started planting on march but i had to stop in the second week of april because it rains a lot. I finally end planting in the firsts days of may. the firsts corn are now 20 cm tall and growing fast. later corn is just 1 cm tall.

cleaner_gleaner

very cold and late spring in Western Nebraska. Got down to about 20 degrees last night, unbelievable!IJIJ Mother nature is behind about a month for us. The thing that saved the sugarbeets and early planted corn is that we haven't had and moisture to get anything sprouted and going yet...nothing. On top of that we only have about 50%of our irrigation water. No grass for the cattle. Alfalfa will be expensive this winter, no rain for the first cutting, no irrigation water for the second cutting, so maybe 1-2 decent cuttings. lET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!!!

yelloweyes

This topic has nothing to do with harvesting and combines, i have been told this is strickly a combine and harvesting site and anything else will be removed and a couple of posts i made where removed, lets be consistent!

R_O_M

Just the opposite down under here in SE Oz. Just too bloody dry to do anything much. Some rain expected tonight and is just starting to fall now as I type. A small area of crop sown dry but we are waiting to get going as the start of our cereal sowing time is about now. Very, very dry down through the SE Australian gain belt with no subsoil moisture for at least 2 metres down. [ 6 feet ] Just dry dust all the way from a couple of shed foundation holes sunk in the last week. No rain since a small fall in mid January so we are again running on a knife edge for this season with no subsoil moisture reserves as has been the case for the last 11 years. We don't need a great deal of rain through our winter but during the "money months" of September and October, our spring months, we need rain and a lot of it. By a lot of rain, I mean around 2 inches in September and 2 to 2.5 inches in October, not much by your standards in the USA. These are the rains that give us a good season but they have failed regularly over the last decade which means dead crops and no or little to harvest.