Combines 6600 slow down

Deerebines

Joel Did you check the screen under the fuel tankIJ I had a 6620 that I did not get the cap on right one time and it came off in the middle of wheat harvest and I had to stop every few minutes and clean that screen. I ended up taking the tank off and knocking a hole in the top of the side opposite of the hole in the bottom.....other side of the baffle. I sprayed diesel fuel in there continously till I got all the crap out of there. Finally before restarting I took my knife and cut that two bit mickey mouse red rubber cover off of the cap. That s.o.b. right there was the culprit making me think the cap was on tight when it was simply shoved on. Is the 6600 diesel or gasIJ Could give you some other pointers as well if you designate which one it is. Deerebines

Joel

Kinetic, Thanks for that info, I'm going to give this a try,

Joel

YES, That was the problem, I took the check valve off and driled it out

kinetic

Glad I could be of help! I know how frustrating that little bugger can be! We fought that problem for a whole harvest before we got it figured out. Evidently it is quite common amoung that series. Before we got it fixed, every fuel lineand filter had been replaced, along with a rebuild of the fuel pump. It was a nightmare. Who would have ever thought that a check valve on a return line could cause so many problemsIJ It's obvious now, but at the time we were lost. Kinetic

The_Red

That is what I like about the internet whether on this board or some of the excellent antique tractor boards. One can dig up information and save a lot of grief.