Combines grain tank extensions

Duane

I have a Crary. OK for me. Don't get a perferated one if you plan on raising canola - it will run right through.

oops

I use a Maurer grain tank extension with tip toops, A 9650 STS now holds 403 bushels of corn

justin

We use 2 Crary's we like them a lot. They are heavy duty and we really like the straps that hold the pins. Very handy!

2rotorsrule

I believe ours are Crary I think. They are pretty easy to install, you may have to caulk between the combine bin and your extentions, as ours bows slightly, and leaks a little grain. The capacity is great, but getting in the tank when there isn't much grain in there can be hazardous.

NHD

I like the Maurer extension. Folds easily, don't leak, and provides abut 300 bu. tank capacity.

dustyr72

I put a maurer with the top extensions(400 bushels). It is shorter then the factory set up so now our combine goes in the quonset where it would'nt before. It is wider and longer so the grain flows out farther each side and front and back rather then having to be pushed straight up so high. I can't see any reason to modify the auger. Check back a couple months or so on this page,someone had them on sale.

nod

I have Distels on my STS9750. Got the extensions on it too. The grain tank will now hold 450 bushels when full. The JD factory field techs. just about had a bird when they saw it! I try not to ever get to that capacity but sometimes I have to. Distels are a good extension and I chose them because of the screen mesh. A bit lighter and you can see how full you are. Would I buy another oneIJ No. I'm to old to be crawling around up there any more. Day light or dark. Not hard to break down or assemble but you have to be half monkey to do it. To far to the ground anymore for me if I fall. With the set-up I'm running now overall height is 17 feet. I have to do alot of road traveling so am always putting it up and taking it down. Got it stuffed under a overpass once because I was to lazy to fold it down. I have learned that it is the grain cart operators responsibility to keep me going not mine. Wouldn't buy any extentions anymore. like I said let the grain cart operator worry about wether I make it around the field or not. I might add it depends where you are farming too.