Combines Fire extinguisher

99_9410

On our 6620, we had it mounted right behind the door. convenient to get but kind of in the way too. For the cab we put a piece of carpet on the shield under the seat--helped on noise and dust.

Deerebines

I had an extenguisher that was just the right size to lay on the floor underneath the unloading auger engaging handle. There was perfect spacing between the cab side and the box side that the seat rests on to lay that extenguisher in there and not fall over it and very easy to grab on the way out if needed. this was on a 6620 so I would imagine it would work on the 8820. As for comfort...........just pretend you have just traded up from a 55 or 95 deere to this 8820. You will remember how when you first got this machine you thought you had the world by the tail....*grin*

RJT

Seriously you need two more things in addition to your fire extinguisher if you really want to keep your combine from going up in smoke. they are a couple of 2 1_2 gallon jugs of water tied on somewhere, because the fire extinguisher won't hold a chaff fire from reflairing, and one of those 3'handle dirt spades. Why the shovelIJ Because when your extinguisher is empty and your water used up you still have an unlimited supply of soil or dirt, usually moist that you can throw on the fire. The last oil fire we had 5 fire extingushers couldn't put it out, water didn't either, only the shovel and the soil did.

AJTIII

I put a ten lb. fire extinguisher on the outside edge of my 8820's platform along the side thats goes on a 45% toward the front. There are 2 bolts that hold one of the hand rail posts so I used them to mount the extinguisher bracket to so as not to put any more holes in the machine. I also used rubber backed steel washers so it wouldn't rust between the bracket and side of the combine. I also got a weather proof hood from a local fire equipment company to protect the top portion of the extinguisher. I've seen a lot of faded ones on other machines.