Combines 7720 concave replacement tipsIJ

AJTIII

I replaced the concave and bars on my 8820 TII and the best way for me was to take the throat off.Its a little time consuming but you get full access to the front of the machine. While your in there look at your front grain pan and augers and the gears and bearings in front. Also depending on how many hours are on your machine you might want to replace the clyinder shaft bearings, upper return auger bearings and upper beater bearings. Its easier to do this with the throat off. You might also want to look at the upper shaft bearings and gears on your throat. I had 2900 hours on my machine and replaced it all. I also put a new rattle. I got new cylinder bars and concave from Trimpe in Seymor Indiana. They rebuild used concaves and bars and hard surface them and they do a wonderful job in corn and soybeans. I don't know how good the bars would be if you raised a lot of small grains like wheat. Good luck, AJTIII

AJTIII

I replaced the concave and bars on my 8820 TII and the best way for me was to take the throat off.Its a little time consuming but you get full access to the front of the machine. While your in there look at your front grain pan and augers and the gears and bearings in front. Also depending on how many hours are on your machine you might want to replace the clyinder shaft bearings, upper return auger bearings and upper beater bearings. Its easier to do this with the throat off. You might also want to look at the upper shaft bearings and gears on your throat. I had 2900 hours on my machine and replaced it all. I also put a new rattle. I got new cylinder bars and concave from Trimpe in Seymor Indiana. They rebuild used concaves and bars and hard surface them and they do a wonderful job in corn and soybeans. I don't know how good the bars would be if you raised a lot of small grains like wheat. Good luck, AJTIII

streetfarms

I am just finishing this job on my 6620. I must agree with AJTIII remove the feederhouse and go through the front. This allows for a good inspection of many parts and replacement if needed. The bolts that hold the concave are accesible through the side inspection doors 15_16 wrench. The fingers attached to the back of the concave are also accesed here as well. 3_4 wrench. the pins on the front of my concave were rusted but came out after WD 40 did it's work. I used a bar to slip the concave to the front around the cyl. and 2_6's to slide it to the floor down once it was free. I also put new bolts with my replacement. Install your bars after your concave to allow more room to work and line up holes. I used Trempes from Seymour,In. for my concave and bars good luck !!

Calander_Farms

Thanks guys...I was allready planning on pulling the feederhouse off. 2 years ago we replaced the upper shaft bearings in the feederhouse and last year we did the cylinder bearings, upper return, and lots of other things so all of that is allready in order. Im glad that it will be possible to get the rear of the concave loose without getting up and into the back end. That makes the job seem much easier.