Combines yield mapping

Joe

DO YOU HAVE THE lATEST SOFTWARE DOWNlOADS OFF OF THE DEERE WEBSITE INSTAllEDIJ

Deere_Man

I have experienced that problem, but I had a hint before we got a yield monitor. As they get tough, they are harder to knock out, especially if they are already borderline to being ready to harvest. I usually close the concaves up a bit or speed up the rotor when they get tough and check to see if I am knocking them out still.

mapman

Do you mean the software for the greenstar in the combine or the JD Office updateIJ We have tried to download the Greenstar software. We were able to get it on the computer and onto the card. However, when we tried to update the brown box in the combine, the reprogram option is not even listed on the menu. Have you had this problemIJ Deereman the concave is set on 20. Had thought about shutting it down but had forgotten about noticing this on maps before now. I will try this next time we cut after dark which will be awhile since we are now in corn. Watch for a future posting will see if I can correct the problem. Thanks for the response.

ctsbacker

The problem is not that your yield is dropping only that your moisture sensor is picking up the dew. Check your moisture map and see if the correlation exists. The excess moisture reading is causing the drop off in yield when it is converted over to dry bushels.

ctsbacker

The problem is not that your yield is dropping only that your moisture sensor is picking up the dew. Check your moisture map and see if the correlation exists. The excess moisture reading is causing the drop off in yield when it is converted over to dry bushels.

mapman

ctsbacker- I did as you suggested and checked maps to see if there was a correlation. This did not show up as the problem as the moisture level was still low enough for no adjustment. However, when we checked the wet weight points, it followed the pattern of the lower yield exactly indicating to me that there is a loss of beans out of the combine.

ctsbacker

Sorry that did not help. I have run the deere mapping system for the past 7 years and have noticed that problem also. Sometimes showing as much as 7 to 10 bushels difference. But when I looked the next morning there was no real difference in number of beans on the ground. I have seen this in rice also when we harvested after a shower. I even set up a flag for "night harvest" to mark the spots. So I do not get confused later on.

chris

We installed an agleader pf advantage on our '92 R52. It works great for mapping and is very accurate for yield monitoring. We were within a 100 bushels of the elevators scale tickets this fall. It was also invaluable for insurance purposes this year also. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the insight, but is a good monitor.

gleanermanitoba

I use a loupe electronics unit, they are a european unit with the infared eye, basic unit, maps and logs but does not give cab map only the current and average data, ours have been trouble free and were much more cost effective their web site is www.loupelectronics.com