Combines 9550 SIDEHIll FINAl DRIVE

greenstrat

deere dealer tech near me says the 9000 series finals have been unbreakable. Why do you askIJ GS

greenstrat

that is serious. Now, tell me exactly what you broke..IJ axle shaft, bearings, housing, mountings..there are quite a few parts here. GS Are you out of warrantyIJ If you are close but still out, check with your dealer (if you bought it there) and tell him of your troubles. Deere sometimes will go thirds with the dealer and the customer on some out of warranty items.

greenstrat

since I don't have a parts book handy for a 9550, just tell us what broke.

Greenblood

This sounds simular to a rumor in my area that someone put some sort of tire,wheel setup on their 9550 sidehilland they were warned by DEERE thatit would break their final drives,1 firstday,n2,2nd day,n3,couple days later.

greenstrat

what tire was thatIJ How much bigger than 30.5X32 does it getIJ Were they using floater tiresIJ This sounds really strange to me.. GS

Greenblood

Not sure what they put on,we run 35.5-32s on our 96 series,read on Deeres website that they have a tread center to where rim bolts on to axle specification for lighter final drives,maybe they didnt get heavy duty ones for their sidehillIJ

FJ40DUCK

THEY ONlY lIST ONE STYlE OF FINAl DRIVES FOR SIDEHIll, All 9000s COMBINES USE THE SAME FINAl DRIVE FOR A SIDEHIll COMBINE.

greenstrat

this statement is, I beleive, true. So what breaksIJ Still no answer.. GS