Combines 7720 huffed

Joe

We had the same proble and spun a rod bearing. pulled the motor and removed the crank with out taking the head or even the manifolds off. Rods and main caps all mic'd out ok. Used crank and new bearings and seals and still runs good 800 hours later. If you can do the work yourself, a used crank, new bering and seals should be about $1200 to $1400. That is if the rods and block are ok.

wheaty

hello everyone its seems the combine and header would be priced right. where you located at. I got a 7720 also what is the line you guys are talking about. Is it the one that drains the oil. Just wondering sounds like something that i should change before it gets bad, where im not in the same boat as you. thanks wheaty

He_Mann

I would say that 6K is to much for one with a bad engine but if you invest the $1200 you should get 9-12k out of it if it looks good and is as clean as you say it is. You can invest a small chuck of money then you could run it while you find a nice used machine on an auction at a good price. Then sell yours. just a few thoughts...