Combines beans wrapping on reel

ndh

I have used several different reels in soybeans. The best I have found is the Universal Harvester, or known as the UII reel. Its flip over action has proven itself with me. With its flip over action, material doesnt have a chance to wrap. With your reel, the tube stays in one place. If material sets there, there is no movement to remove it. Then wrapping occurs. The UII's are awesome. They are very durable, long life parts, and is very simple to maintain. Email me if you want to know more or maybe try one. From other guys that have run them, they love them.

jc217

Try raising the reel slightly and speeding it up. That helped in one variety of beans I had this year.

wheatman

Change the pitch of your fingers less agressive on the reel. Should fix the problem.

posum

If the beans are tall and they are running between the slats at the end , I had same trouble. I took a piece of 3_8 steel rod had tin smith form it into a circle the widest I could get it to match the reel diameter and welded one into place at each end of the reel. This forced the beans down into the header to be eaten by the cross feed auger. Worked great good luck.

tbran

there are reel end plates available. Weld or bolt on stationary knives as in disc mower blades to cut off the wrapage. Place a couple on each side on the piece that moves so knives will move in and out with reel.

dairyfarmer

are these plates still available or can they be produced thanks dairyfarmer

tbran

71309679 are the parts for the old wood bat reel similar items can be found on later ones. Doubt the kits are avail as whole goods anymoore

dairyfarmer

was at my local dealer today i have the enclosures on the ends of my reel main combine mechanic told me to toake the external fingers the funny ones that ar by themselves off and to make up a piece of steel on the snout to push beans in sooner going to work on that tonight think that might solve the problem dairyfarmer

tbran

we have done that and it helps, especially the guides to move the crop in. The stationary knives fixed the problem. The only problem we have run into is sometimes some damp crop lays against the side wall of the head and is finally pushed into the auger in bunches.