Combines 8010 or CR970

Big_Truck

You can replace 3 combines,the machine your looking for is a Cat_Claas lexion 590!!!!!!

Full_Stick

from what i am hearing down in aus is that the CR is beter I hate to say it but a mate works on a place that had 20 headers of all makes going at once the CR was going beter than the 8010 3 feet less header on the CR keep in mind, But all are saying thay are more reliabull than the 8010. but in my opinon 2 well looked after 1688's are beter than a CR or a 8010 or mabey 2 2388's. I will like see what the other posts think

TwinSilvers

Are you trying to convince anyone that a 590 can keep up to 2 1688's and a 2388IJ

Northern

A 8010, 970, and for sure a 590 would do 5000 acres a year. You may need to buy a grain cart so this size of machine can run non stop.

spiff

I have a Bourgalt 1100 bushel grain cart,what I do not have is a cat dealer close by,I have a super Case IH dealer and a very close NH dealer,would like to stay all red,but i am willing to look . Thanks

Big_Truck

On the 22nd August 2003 a preproduction Claas 580 terratrac (N.American 590R) went into a field of Claire winter wheat in Wiltshire England.Pushing a 25f Vario head exactly 14.92 threshing hours later it had harvested 1018 metric tonnes of wheat,it averaged 68.30t_hour and it consistingly ran at 70t_hour and it peaked at 94t_hour a number of times!!!!! The field yielded 9.75t_hectare and if it had a 30f header and it maybe was a better yielding field it would have broken the magic 100t_hour!!! Yes,I do believe a Cat 590R with a 16 row or maybe even an 18 row and an operator who knew how to "push the stick forward" would take on and outcut two 1688's and a 2388 over the coarse of a day's cutting!!!!

cookie840

And when your 1 Cat combine breaks down, how many combines are left running IJIJIJIJ

Ohio__Steve

Spiff, with 2 machines you will be getting a fairly sizable capacity increase by going to the afs rotor. Have been pretty consistant good comments on many of the forums about those rotors, and money spent on that upgrade should be returned when trading time comes around.The 8010 we know has some issues to be worked out yet, and the CR's sure aren't getting the positive comments that the new Massey 's are so that leads me to think they still have a few issues to perfect as well, even though they have been in the customer fields longer.So it seems to me at this point the risk both money wise and the risk of getting timely harvest is lower in keeping and upgrading you're 1688'S. Just my opinion.

Northern

The answer to the question is ZERO, but when you have 3 combines you are 3 times more likely to have a breakown, are you not. If one of the three combines breaksdown, the entire operation can be affected. Combine n2 comes over to help, combine n3 has to wait while the cart operator is helping unplug combine n1, and so on. We also find we hit the field early because only one machine to service. It can also run straight through meals and later into the evening.

Old_Pokey

Well, actually, to be fair, you have to use the same definition of "breakdown" in both operations. With one machine, a breakdown means "all stop". So, with three machines, you would actually only be 1_3 as likely to be broke down. And vice versa, when the single machine goes down, you are actually three times more broke down. (Insert smiley faces here, I'm not trying to start an argument, only making a statement. However wrong I might be.:)