Combines 7700 in mud

beanhead

You need 'ricers' in front. With that and PRWD you should set to go. If mud is 'bottomless' then hard freeze is what you need. Been a while since we have had this problem, but my neighbor mounted his rice tires on wrong wheel. This allowed him to push the limit going foreward and have the traction to back out of his mistakes. My experience was mounting tires the right way, and the wetter, sloppier it was the better the rice tires worked. Always had solid ground down at 12" to 16", so never got stuck or sank out of sight! left unsightly ruts! Bad for next crop!!!

riceman

Thats not bad. We are gonna haveto rut the last 1000 acres out. We already have 500 acres of ruts.

Silver_Shoes

a 7700 has most of the weight on the front tires. The N series combines had very good weight distribution, with RWA no way will a 7700 fight the mud as well as the N6 did

CAJUN__BOY

wow silver don't count that 7700 out, back in the 70-80's we ran 915's with mud hogs in muddy south louisiana rice fields ran along side 6600 and 7700 4wd's jd had a good rwd jd would run good in the mud one good thing on jd their brakes seem to work better than IH,It's just that JD liked to throw rice out over the straw walkers besides that she was a darn good machine!!!!!

ARricefarmer

you still not finished ricemanIJ We finished up last wed. We now have about 1200 acres of ruts and the last 250 were the toughest all year. It was in that in between stage of wet and dry, it stuck to everything. I thought the ladder was going to rip off the combine. Probably would have been easier if we had cut it after this last rain.

riceman

Nobody here is fished yet. lots of beans left. We still have around 800-900 acres left. We get a day here and a day there to run. Got 3 days last week and got 400 cut. We would have gotten more done but we couldn't start until noon each day. And thats cutting way after the dew had fallen. Want to come helpIJ The drive is nothing. We bought a 4960 and a DMI f. cultivator in Georgetown a few years ago and drove it home. last year I drove a combine from Mccrory to here. 52 miles on hwy. 64 in the construction.

ARricefarmer

I shudder at the thought of driving a combine along 64. I think I would try to leave the 930 on the combine, would make it more interesting. Id love to come help but We limped through the last three days and everything needs worked on. we only had 2 combines running when we finished.

tstar

The 7700 will probably fair better than my 8820. An 8820 has plenty of power but its weight is not properly distributed. We got about 400 acres left in eastern Arkansas near Brinkley and it gonna get plenty of ruts. I am talking 10 to 12 inches (or more).

riceman

It was a fun trip. Thank goodness I didn't have to drive it back. For the last few years we farmed 1200 acres near Harrisburg so I was used to roading combines and tractors. 50 miles in under 2 hours in a combine with a 22 ft stripper or a 25 ft flex. I was pretty good at it too but you have to watch out for the gravel haulers coming from Razorback. By the way, the trip to Harrisburg would take an hour in a car. Go figure.

riceman

What size tires are you runningIJ There's a set of Goodyear floater tires at the junkyard in Parkin. They are on a 915 IH. Just about the best set of tires on their whole lot. I can get you their n if you want.