Combines Anyone try small tube rotorIJ

CORNKING

Well all I can say is, if the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, maybe better try it! when your 1688 came out JD was still saying they would never come with a rotor but guess what now they say they are the best. For corn and beans a 7010 and 8010 will out perform green hands down I have been there done that. You say JD enhance performance tell that to all the guys that carry spare feeder belts cause they cant handle the big heads or there seives that are stationary or cvts or the cabs that they dont have and the list goes on on.

Beans

Thanks, just the reaction I needed. Seems like if you ask to simple of a question no one responds. Not putting down case at all, I still have two of them. The 8010 is a new machine and just trying to be comfortable in the fact that it'll do what I am told it will do without too much down time (because it's a new production). Have heard case did many updates, not sure what, and the small tube rotor in rice sounds like the ticket. Are you running flex drapersIJ If so how are theyIJ Farmers here running 36' in rice, haven't talked to any of them yet. A lot of header in rice, takes a strong machine.

CORNKING

Sorry Beans for comeing down on you but I dont think deere has anything on CaseIH. I dont pretend to know any thing about rice but in corn and bean country you will not be disapointed with the 10s now they have come a long ways since 03s,just finished corn harvest last night and a day of beans left. I would never go back to a auger header again after the draper. I replaced 3 2388s and 30ft 1020s with 2 36ft drapers and get more done with 2 than 3. For the year so far I have only had technican out when we started to show us some things on the 600 pro monitor. This is all we replaced on machines and headers, 04 machine rethrasher bearing took me 30minute, fuse for the yeild, o ring on a line that probably was not tighten corectly when checkes were done on updates and draper belt which cut about 4 to 5 thousand acrers that took about an hr to replace 06 machine braket that does the spring tention for the shaker drive that took about 30 minutes to replace. I do beleive they have all the bugs out. In 04 thank goodness I had 2388s or we would never have gotten done for it never completed a feild that is when we started looking at yellow and green. We had them running along side of 8010 in 05 for 1 hole day, I and my hired hands easly decided the 8010 was way more machine than the 9760( keep in mind that deere would not bring there 9860 to the party I requested that) or the 585cat (this machine is to crude for us) that was when we decided to getrid of the last 2 23s for the o6 8010 and I will be keeping these till the 9020s come available and then go with 40 ft drapers

riceman

If a guy tells you that he's running a 9760 or 9860 and he's never choked it, then you are getting told a lie and you should watch out. You might get poked in the eye from his growing nose! A neighbor has a 9760, choked it up so bad about 2 weeks ago that he took it to the dealer and let them unchoke it. Another neighbor 2 years ago choked up his new 9760 cutting rice with a stripper that it took 2 whole days to dig it out. The 9750 I used to own could never shoke up the rotor because the feed accelerator would AlWAYS choke up first. Worst design ever in a Deere combine in my opinion. I couldn't tell you if the newer ones are any better cause I switched colors and have been happy ever since.

dannyboy

I believe Case-IH got access to the Auger feed through the Twin-Rotor Merger. I could be wrong.

Salesman

Beans, I'm in rice country and the small tube rotor is a huge improvement. I agree, if a deere guy says he's never choked his sts in rice, he's the only one I know of. Ask the STS guys if they've blown the grates out..I know of several 9760 and 9860 owners that have had that happen more than once. A 7010 or 8010 will cut down rice with or better than any combine on the market today. Is Case trying to say something with the reversable rotorIJ Yes..Improvement, customer comfort, all machines will choke...you just don't have to get out of the seat with the 7010 or 8010. Also, don't be scared of 2004, or 2005 models if they've had the mod programs. Good luck. Where are you locatedIJ

Salesman

Beans, I have a customer that runs an 8010 with 30ft MacDon. He cut 39.5 acres of down Nortie (I think that's how it's spelled) rice in one day that was flat as a pancake. If you've never been around Nortie, it makes Bengel seem like wheat-lol...nasty stuff. He says the Small tube made huge diff compared to the AFX rotor. He's machine is a 2004 with all updates. He's thinking of trading for a 2008 model right now.

cornman

If he hasnt stopped it up , he just hasnt ran it much. PS. IH built the first axial flow rotor. JD is just trying to perfect it. I have a 1978 1440 with 6000 plus hrs that often keeps running when my 2144 is down, lets see the new JD rotors run 30 years.

Beans

Thanks for all the responses! I'm located in central louisiana.

Case_Farmer

Didn't the AFX rotor come out firstIJ Then the bullet rotorIJIJIJ Also im sure it won't be long till deere has a small tube rotor..