Combines Not impressed with AFX 8010

big_rig

Thanks for letting us know. I am sure that you went into the demo with an open mind!! I know of a few people like you who got demo's of MT 855 challengers and also said they weren't as nice as their deere. I wonder what color the sky is in their worldIJ

newguy

Notice he did not try the lexIJIJIJIJIJ I guess if my panties were green, I would not want to try it either..... :) Good luck!

Chuckm

"I also think that deere has better grain acceleration through the machine than than case" Please don't take offense, but I gotta ask cause I am seriously intrigued. What the heck is "Grain Acceleration" and how did you measure thatIJ

rob

Well then your either very Nave or just plain green to the bone. I'm wondering how long you demoed the 8010IJ We traded a 9750 in for one and when it came from the dealer it wasnt even close to being set right. Once we started playing with it to get it set there wasn't even a comparison. Your way off on the fuel, they are so fuel effiecent that we only fill it every other day, were as with the deere it was everyday. It has way more capaticacy than the deere. Self-leveling sieves, 440 horse, no belt running the rotor, 330 bushel tank and 14000+ square inches of sieve separating area. Also only 4 belts and 2 chains on the whole combine and the grease zerks are 30 hours or more! Inside everything is controled on the touch screen computer. You set the screen so it has what you want to monitor where you want it. We were taking 35 bushels soybeans with a 36ft. mac don at 5-6mph and the engine power was only at 60%! This monster is greens worst nightmare!

newguy

reads like a catmandont.....someday i will learn not to reply :^( Good luck!

northernfarmer

Chuckm: Around here J.D. is known for their Great Grain Acceleration, in fact that is how they got their nick name.(the long green line)There is no other machine that can keep with the Deeres when it comes to grain accelerating out the back of a combine... lol.

9750_Combiner

I don't know where you got your specs the 8010 only has 375 horse, the reason you think there so much more fuel effiecent is because the hold about 20 more gallons of fuel. I did not run the case in corn, but in pinto beans I take 40 ft. of 60 bu. beans and the case would run around 3 m.p.h. where the deere can run around 4 1_2 to 5 1_2 m.p.h. I also experienced less cracking with my deere.

9750_Combiner

I don't know where you got your specs the 8010 only has 375 horse, the reason you think there so much more fuel effiecent is because the hold about 20 more gallons of fuel. I did not run the case in corn, but in pinto beans I take 40 ft. of 60 bu. beans and the case would run around 3 m.p.h. where the deere can run around 4 1_2 to 5 1_2 m.p.h. I also experienced less cracking with my deere.

rob

The 8010 has a boost of horse from 375 to 400 when you need it. When you turn the unload auger on it boosts it another 40 horse besides the 25. In reality your probably never running there but you can be at 440. We did experience the cracking on our pintos too. We figured it was the clean grain because it was set so fast like to be doing 200 bushel corn. We flexed our pintos with a 36ft. head and were running around 5 mph. The dealer this winter has already slowed down the clean grain so that should help the cracking. I'm not saying the 8010 is the best, they have a few things to work out on them but i do believe they have more capacity than the deeres.