Combines plastic elevator paddles

Wilber

They must be pretty good, as Claas now uses molded or formed plastic poly paddles on their clean grain elevator. Good enough for Cat, should help on a Deere.

Wilber

They must be pretty good, as Claas now uses molded or formed plastic poly paddles on their clean grain elevator. Good enough for Cat, should help on a Deere.

davedan

DO NOT RUN PlASTIC PADDlES IN ANY ElEVATOR. I tried loewens elevator chain once that had plastic paddles in an early 9600, it didnt last 2 days before almost all the paddles were broke off at the mountin bolts. They wont handle the weight of todays bigger elevator housings either, They did however warranty my chain and replace all the paddles with OEM rubber. I wouldnt trust anything plastic in a feederhouse either. Too much force to move the crop mat there..

Cutter

The two 580 Cats that I was around this past harvest seemed to work great and not one elevator paddle damaged or broke and each machine ran through about 5,000 acres of corn and beans. I would say that poly paddles are pretty tough.

ferge

I agree -- had plastic in an 8590 MF clean grain elevator -- replaced wirh rubber -- maybe it was a poor grade of plastic -- too brittle!!

northernfarmer

I checked into these a couple of years ago, heard that you have to be very carefull how lose you let the chain run, as it will wear the tin out. It was recommended to me to put 2 poly paddles on the regular chain. This to keep the elevator clean, we do a lot of tough grain and peas are really bad for gumming things up. This has worked great. Neil

davedan

Poly would work better, I thing the ones we ran into were nylon. They were just too rigid and brittle. UMHW would have even been better. The plastic was black colored, could have even been plain crap abs.