Combines 8590 combine

geekyfarmer

According to the blue book, the 8590's 640 Perkins put out 248 hp, and the bin holds 265 bu.. I think this is the old 9720 White. Never ran one myself, but a custom cutter buddy of mine said that they were a pretty fair combine for the time.

woody

I run 2 8590s. Best combine for the dollar by far (cheap capacity) They are not as simple mechanically as the 8560,8570 etc but if you know what to watch and have a good supply of parts(wreckers)I have seen them with 4-5000hrs. They are a little short of power but should be ok with 20' header. Order a operators manual from AGCO on setup.They are huge combines with hp being the limiting factor.I would run against any new combine if I had more power. Building the 8560 instead of upgrading the 8590 was the biggest mistake MF ever made and I won't buy a new combine until that monster rotor is put into the new Masseys. best of luck

buffalohunter

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a 8590 or an r7 to be used mainly for wheat and durum but also pulse crops. I would like opinions as to the strengths of each. also would like to talk to people with each.

woody

We have only run massey combines on our farn so my opinion may be bias. The gleaner combines always seemed to have maintanence problems(too many moving parts) they are a lot better now but I am not sure when they changed (R62,R72 maybe)

land_Surfer

What size rotor is in the 8590 (length x diameter)IJ Also, wasn't the 8590's rotor driven by a variable speed belt drive system similar to CaseIH axial flow vs. the typical Massey hydrostat rotor driveIJ

woody

The 8590 has a rotor 168inches long and 31.5 inches wide compared to the 8560,8570,8780,9690,9790 which is 140"X 27.5".Yes the rotor drive is a variable speed pulley setup.If the rumors are correct the 9890 will have the large rotor and all the goodies that the 8590 needed. Can't wait!!

Agtrak

Thanks for the info.... How big is the cleaning area under windIJ

Agtrak

thanks for your opinion..... how difficult do you think a repower project might be on one of these I have access to cummins big cams ( PTO rated and governed )can you get me an engine model No' and I'll also have a word with Perkins ( Cat ) Machines are in good order for age I'm getting kind of interested 7000 or about $12000 in your money

swtvid

The cleaning area is 7,484 sq. in. the concave area is 2,496 and separating grate is 3,725 sq. in. bin capacity is 265 bu. and the feeder house is 52 in. wide. I have herd of bearing going on the left side of feeder beater, it would help to mod. to round tipe with fliting on to push the crop to center to rotor intake like MF put on the 9000 seires machines. Happy new year Dee

woody

I know of a guy in Ontario who used a 400 cummins but he mounted it sideways and ran everything hydrostatically. I have considered looking into a higher hp V8(replacing the 640 perkins V8) but hav'nt had time to really study dimensions.Possible matches 8v92 detroit,903 cummins. Without finding a motor close to same size a repower would be a major job.